[Suggestion] Part wind effects with cubes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Have you ever tried to build a female rig, only to find that the way wind works breaks the hair cubes?

Well, what i am proposing is that not only cubes/shapes have a wind effect, but also parts.

I have tried to get the multiple hair cubes to work and sync the wind effect with each other, but it just will not work.

This idea would also be useful for capes on character models and advanced leaves. Also it means that the sinc of the wind would line the parts

The idea is just to give parts (different from cubes) the wind option as well. Then it is possible to just drop all cubes into a single part tick the wind option!

@Nimi

Edited by FluffyPTV

2 hours ago, pigzy101 said:

I have no clue what you are talking about....  Sorry

Instead of the blocks disconnecting from each other, they stay together as if the vertex' are connected.

I personally would find this very useful, as making hair and cape animations can be quite tedious. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that simple to do.

Due to how wind works, something like this can't be done automatically, though you can 'sync' shapes by making all shapes in a part have the same the position but only moving their pivot offset. The most I can do with this suggestion is have an option for shapes to use their part's wind settings instead of its own.

im not great with words, could you explain it with pictures?

2 hours ago, Nimi said:

Due to how wind works, something like this can't be done automatically, though you can 'sync' shapes by making all shapes in a part have the same the position but only moving their pivot offset. The most I can do with this suggestion is have an option for shapes to use their part's wind settings instead of its own.

"The most I can do with this suggestion is have an option for shapes to use their part's wind settings instead of its own." thats exactly what im asking for?!

2 minutes ago, FluffyPTV said:

im not great with words, could you explain it with pictures?

"The most I can do with this suggestion is have an option for shapes to use their part's wind settings instead of its own." thats exactly what im asking for?!

I thought what you were asking for was the ability to put any shape in a part and they'd all be synced up automatically while also inheriting their part's wind settings. And here's a gif of what I mean(Notice the position doesn't change between the two, but the Y pivot offset does.);

9cb98db1878d5021e4c715189b3c4ca1.gif

nope - broken as always. lines between them still stuffed.

4 hours ago, Nimi said:

I thought what you were asking for was the ability to put any shape in a part and they'd all be synced up automatically while also inheriting their part's wind settings. And here's a gif of what I mean(Notice the position doesn't change between the two, but the Y pivot offset does.);

On 11/17/2018 at 1:29 AM, Che3syPlayz said:

Instead of the blocks disconnecting from each other, they stay together as if the vertex' are connected.

I personally would find this very useful, as making hair and cape animations can be quite tedious. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that simple to do.

you can do it with capes already (even I can.... duh). just not cubes of varying sizes which is want I want Nimi kitty to add, or fix