Dev update #14: Moving on

Seriously, David, you have no idea how many people you have inspired to animate Minecraft animations. So many people have made incredible videos from your program. I, personally, have grown monumentally through this software and have learned the ways of an animator. Even though I am growing out of Minecraft, you have delighted me in Mine-imator for years. Thank you David and the team for making memories I will never forget. :D

-Awesome Emerald

4 hours ago, david said:

Hello animators!

This will be my final dev update topic, as the previous main developer of Mine-imator, to give you all an idea of what I’m currently up to and give a well-deserved shout-out to the efforts of the current Mine-imator team:

• @Nimi, the new lead coder, has proven himself beyond capable of thinking up and implementing some very impressive and long-awaited features (like glow, bloom and various camera effects found in 1.2.0, not to mention a fully functional model creator), so Mine-imator is definitely in good hands!
  • @Voxy, for designing a deliciously handsome interface for Modelbench and who also have some plans for the future look of the site and forums
  • Also a shout-out to @AnxiousCynic for his excellent tutorial video series for beginners (now reachable with a button in the program) and our beta testers!

Great job guys! :thumbsup:

Don’t hesitate to reach out and drop me a PM/email if you are interested in joining the development team, given that you have a passion for programming and a desire to make Mine-imator better!

As for me, I will still be available for server administration tasks, i.e. keeping the Mine-imator site and forums alive and keeping an eye on the moderators, as well as helping out with some of the more technical back-end aspects of new releases. This means that site/forum related inquiries should still be sent to me, but not Mine-imator suggestions, since I’m no longer developing new features. If someone is misbehaving, you should still contact a moderator, since I will not be checking the content on the forums/Discord server as often.

Now, keep an eye out for future non-Minecraft projects from me! For instance, I’m currently working on two wacky hand-drawn music videos, largely taking place in the sky. You can see some WIP material below. More teasers coming... eventually. ;)

Reveal hidden contents

14065938.png   

02537968.png 

80769342.gif   79832064.gif

I’m also exploring some concepts for a sequel to Mine-imator (with a more generic environment rather than limited to Minecraft), an idea which has floated around for a few years.

You will find my stuff on my Twitter, Youtube channel and of course my website (which has an overdue update coming as well…).

Keep on animating and making awesome stuff!

/ David

Goodbye david, you made me, along with thousands of people animators.

Thanks for all the great things you've done, and thanks in advance for the great things you will do. Congrats, David. You have inspired hundreds of young animators, and you've earned yourself a spot in the unofficial Minecraft hall of fame. You did good, David. Thank you.

I'm not in the loop on developments here, so I have no clue how long people have known about this, but I logged onto the forum today with the hunch that I'd see a post like this--that makes two or three unusually accurate hunches about leaving things in the past couple of days now... That aside, well-wishes for the future!