Characters are invisible behind glass/ windows

Ecrop
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I imported a world that includes glass panels in buildings. Then I placed a character behind the glass and placed the camera on the other side of the glass panel. But the character is invisible/ doesn´t render? When I than move the camera through the glass panel/ window the character shows up . 

Can somebody please help me?

3 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, Ecrop said:

I imported a world that includes glass panels in buildings. Then I placed a character behind the glass and placed the camera on the other side of the glass panel. But the character is invisible/ doesn´t render? When I than move the camera through the glass panel/ window the character shows up . 

Can somebody please help me?

Select your world (witch should be called "piece of [the name of your world]"), and put his render depth to a higher value than 0 (put it to 5, for example)

Here's where the render depth setting is:

render10.png

4 hours ago, Ghatos said:

Select your world (witch should be called "piece of [the name of your world]"), and put his render depth to a higher value than 0 (put it to 5, for example)

-snip-

^ I agree, this is how you would do it. You can also change the render depth of the character, just make sure the scenery's render depth is higher than the character's. Felt like that was worth adding in.

21 hours ago, Ghatos said:

render10.png

Thank you for your help! Wasn´t expecting that someone would answer that fast.