Extreme Forum Make-over

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Humans naturally like change. That’s why we desperately need THEMES. Instead of changing it for everyone, just add personal themes. Not everyone would like the new change, so this would be the way to go. Swift made a topic about it a while ago.

My plans for the future includes, if everything goes to plan, an actual branding for Mine-imator that could extend to the forums through a custom theme, so let's hope we'll get to move away from the default Invision theme to something a little more Mine-imator-ey!

10 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Humans naturally like change. That’s why we desperately need THEMES. Instead of changing it for everyone, just add personal themes. Not everyone would like the new change, so this would be the way to go. Swift made a topic about it a while ago.

i actually dont think personal themes are something you can do with IPBoards.

Honestly, I only see one problem with this. That is, the clubs possibly resulting in drama similar to how forum teams did back when they were widespread.

Besides that, and even then I'd imagine a way to prevent that from happening (or at least reducing the frequency if it does happen), I have no problem with implementing some of IPBoard's newer features and giving the forums a bit of a spruce-up whatsoever.

I could see the forums theme being incorporated in the logo itself, with the various things in the crafting table it can somehow animate and have you pick from their once the mouse cursor moves over it.

Just a idea though.