Remove the reaction limits

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

about my suggestion...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think?

• I agree!
    • I disagree.
    • I don't care

The reaction limit is probably here to prevent eventuals bots from botlike (or botdislike) posts.I think it's pretty annoying because I can only give reactions to a few posts and comments per day before I run out of reaction. So I got an idea: users who have more than 100 of reputation have unlimited reactions!

The forum will still be protected from bots, and we will get rid of this reaction limit! What do you think ?

On 10/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ghatos said:

The reaction limit is probably here to prevent eventuals bots from botlike (or botdislike) posts.I think it's pretty annoying because I can only give reactions to a few posts and comments per day before I run out of reaction. So I got an idea: users who have more than 100 of reputation have unlimited reactions!

The forum will still be protected from bots, and we will get rid of this reaction limit! What do you think ?

As others stated, the reputation limit was added to prevent rep abuse, or more specifically, mass-downvoting. (Mass-upvoting was also a thing, but not as often/serious as the downvotes were)
It'd bring users that had 1000's of rep, down into the negatives pretty quick when abused. So the limit was added awhile back.
Doesn't have anything to do with bots.

While it doesn't stop mediocre rep abuse, this is something moderators can handle if notified.

Personally, I think the rep limit is fine.
Feel free to disagree though, I'm always welcome to discussing change if needed. :dvdthinking: