Collapse particles within a single point

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Im trying to make a bunch of cubes to collapse within a single point. I have tried using a block that acts as an attractor. However the particles just move within that direction and don't meet on a single point.

Enabling "orbit attractor" also doesn't work, they sort of bounce around it in an odd way, they are bouncing up and down but do not collapse within a single point and stay there. How to do this?

I also tried playing around with the force value, does not help. It just bounces up and down on the y axis.

Edited by moniker

1 answer to this question

I tried putting 0 values on all Y axis settings on the particle spawner. These values should be able to be animated with keyframes for what I was trying to do btw.

Anyway, it still doesn't look the way I want to. The particles are too slow, and they slow down as they approach the attractor. Even if put a force of 100000000 the effect it's too slow and it slow downs anyway as it approaches the attractor, and I wanted the opposite, it starts slow, then it starts collapsing faster.

This is what I have now:

NRBfNC3.gif

So I need the blocks to start accelerating towards the attractor (the white circle) instead of slowing down as it's doing now. And for a better visual effect, I would need the speeds to be random so it doesn't collapse at once, a bit of variation makes it look better for my idea. I just don't know how to do it. @Nimi do you know if it is possible? just let me know because I suspect Mineimator lacks enough settings to fine tune the way the attractor works, so I may be wasting my time. If you can please add more settings for the attractor in the next update. I think it's set by default to slow down particles as they approach the center, so I can't do anything about it. Like I said if I add a multiplier value on the Y axis on the particle spawner it makes it bounce. I don't want no bounces.

Edited by moniker