Up On The Roof Tops V2 [4K Cinematic]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Off topic: @Swift, why are you disliking every 9redwoods comments? he is just giving a criticism to tell how the wallpaper can be better, you have no reason to do that.

On topic: the crack on the floor looks weird with this white outline, you should putted the mix color to 40% so the outline would have the same color than the slabs.

Also, the left of the wallpaper is empty, you should putted something like an air conditionner to solve that.

Nice wallpaper anyways, I like the blur on the buildings and the lens flare. ?

41 minutes ago, Ghatos said:

Off topic: @Swift, why are you disliking every 9redwoods comments? he is just giving a criticism to tell how the wallpaper can be better, you have no reason to do that.

Goodness, okay so basically there was huge drama on a topic, and in it he said that the camera angle could use some work, but he never elaborates, he never said how he could improve the camera angle, so basically all we are getting out of his criticism is destructive criticism, not constructive criticism.

Then after that whole ton of garbage, he said he changed, literally not even 24 hours later he says the camera angle could use some work, without giving any actual tips on how it could be improved.

Then he later said he feels there is nothing wrong with his criticism, then he said if we bring it up more that’s our problem. And that line of text is very selfish and rude and very uncaring about what’s going on, so if he continues to not have any care of criticism, I will continue to downvote his horrible mess of criticism. 

If anything it’s redwoods criticism that needs criticizing, he literally drove someone to almost quitting because of his awful mess and uncaring of what he does. You all don’t know the difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. All he does is point out faults with no care in the world for saying how to improve. Redwoods if you have a problem with me pm me.

Alright, lets not get offtopic now so here are my opinions on the wallpaper. I really like the attempt at making it cinematic! And all the little details are pretty nice! :thumbsup:

I have tips though, so here there are. Remember these are all just my opinion and suggestions, I’m not trying to offend anyone here.

1. Alright, the texture for the broken ground or whatever that is is pretty distracting and isn’t pixelated, so it doesn’t really work with the Minecraft style. Try pixelating it in paint.net, or even try making your own texture. 
  2. The camera angle could be brought down a bit and rotated up a tiny bit, this would make it look nicer and more cinematic, also adding a letterbox would make it beautiful.
  3. The lighting is pretty dark and plain, try basing the lighting off a picture of a sun set/rise

Well, that’s all I can really criticize, everything else is just your personal style. So imo this wallpaper is actually really good! Keep it up dude!xD

Edited by Swift

The lens flare is pretty intense. I think that it could be toned down a bit, or replaced with something less obstructive of other elements of the scene. The crack under the door also has an anti-aliased border which is causing an ugly white border. It's not awful, but it is distracting. And the camera angle could be improved by focusing it one what we're supposed to be looking at. I would move it down a bit and move it a littler closer to the guy. Other than that, there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Keep it up!

3 hours ago, Rollo said:

The lens flare is pretty intense. I think that it could be toned down a bit, or replaced with something less obstructive of other elements of the scene. The crack under the door also has an anti-aliased border which is causing an ugly white border. It's not awful, but it is distracting. And the camera angle could be improved by focusing it one what we're supposed to be looking at. I would move it down a bit and move it a littler closer to the guy. Other than that, there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Keep it up!

Hey @Swift, here’s another comment for you to come downvote.

He didn’t say how to fix the alpha glitch.

Also, I said how I would readjust the camera angle in the V1 topic. There’s no need to explain it again. And please mind your own business.

17 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

Hey @Swift, here’s another comment for you to come downvote.

He didn’t say how to fix the alpha glitch.

Also, I said how I would readjust the camera angle in the V1 topic. There’s no need to explain it again. And please mind your own business.

Was my criticism really that bad? :^(

What alpha glitch? The anti-aliased border? There's no good way to fix that without remaking the texture without anti-aliased edges. Changing the render depth might to the trick but I'm not entirely sure, which is why I didn't say that. Bad criticism is worse than no criticism.

I mean, he was tagged in this topic, so I guess it was his business. Also, now it's my business, because you decided to quote me and indirectly tell someone I had bad criticism.

Just now, Rollo said:

Was my criticism really that bad? :^(

What alpha glitch? The anti-aliased border? There's no good way to fix that without remaking the texture without anti-aliased edges. Changing the render depth might to the trick but I'm not entirely sure, which is why I didn't say that. Bad criticism is worse than no criticism.

I mean, he was tagged in this topic, so I guess it was his business. Also, now it's my business, because you decided to quote me and indirectly tell someone I had bad criticism.

It's called render depth bro. You don't need to edit the texture.

I tagged Swift because he has a problem with bad criticism. 

1 minute ago, Rollo said:

My thoughts exactly, thanks my dude!

But also guys, lets stop here before we flood this topic.

2 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

It's called render depth bro. You don't need to edit the texture.

I tagged Swift because he has a problem with bad criticism. 

Yeah, that's what I said. I just wasn't sure if it would work, so I didn't say it initially. And if you knew how to fix it, why didn't you tell him?

I was talking about Ghatos.

Just now, Swift said:

Indeed, I would much rather this be in DMs, or stopped completely.

Edited by Rollo

1 minute ago, Swift said:

We already have.

2 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Yeah, that's what I said. I just wasn't sure if it would work, so I didn't say it initially. And if you knew how to fix it, why didn't you tell him?

I was talking about Ghatos.

As everyone always says, criticism has to be good criticism.

16 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

As everyone always says, criticism has to be good criticism.

Then give good criticism.  

But hey, I should legitimately criticize your criticism so that my criticism won't be criticized.

Instead of saying "the camera angle isn't very good" say "the camera angle isn't doing a good job of guiding your eyes to the subject, so you should point it a bit to the left and add some depth of field."

I'm not saying you should do a full-on essay, I'm saying you should add the slightest bit of helpful advice or sugguestions.

I no longer intend to participate in the argument over Redwoods' criticism and behavior.     I honestly don't care who wins the argument at this point and both sides have effectively ruined multiple topics and proceed to blame each other.

Edited by EnderSculptor

7 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

Then give good criticism.  8D

But hey, I should legitimately criticize your criticism so that my criticism won't be criticized.

Instead of saying "the camera angle isn't very good" say "the camera angle isn't doing a good job of guiding your eyes to the subject, so you should point it a bit to the left and add some depth of field."

I'm not saying you should do a full-on essay, I'm saying you should add the slightest bit of helpful advice or sugguestions.

I gave that kind of criticism in the V1 of this topic for your information. Stick your nose somewhere else.