"Wh... Huh?!" [4K]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Okay, so I finally finished the wallpaper I started on Friday. There were certain skins that didn't really lend themselves to much detail, so sorry if your skin didn't have much done with it, but I hope you enjoy!

f4tTxVt.jpg

Sam: "What's this?" *Picks up portal controller thingy* *boop*

*Distant, growing clamor and wooshy noises*

*Portals open everywhere and people come rushing out all at once as Sam watches in silence*

*Door opens*

BaconSandwich: "I thought I heard som-" "..." *In disbelief* "How did you do this?"

Sam: "What? It was weird, I had to touch it!"

*facepalm*

Credits: Skibbz's Face Rig and Nexil's Soon-to-release Face Rig per Nexil and Fray's requests, my brother for the dope house and stuff and everyone who gave me their skins and their requests which played into the rigging and the posing.

The very close edges of the schematic kinda ruins the left part, tho the overall doesn't look too good either. I feel like the camera isn't where it should be. Changing the camera position would have solved both problems. 4/10 Kan doo buterr

Just now, Dr. Nexil said:

It's so weird to see my character with extruded shoes, since I normally don't do that xD

Also, your head isn't falling apart for once

10/10

Thx, also I was sort of oddly proud of those since the white part of the shoes fit so well around the orange part and it looked nice. Also yeah, I tend to like my head in one piece.

4 hours ago, BaconSandwich said:

I agree with 9redwoods, I was fine with the comment and wasn't hurt in any way.

It's fine if you're fine with it, we're not and that's why we downvote things. We downvoted @9redwoods's post about Swift disliking him because he has a clear misunderstanding of criticism even after being drilled about it constantly. That's also the reason Swift and Karyu downvoted his original comment on this post. Because it's not actually helpful criticism. If he's going to give lazy criticism that doesn't even elaborate on what he means by it, and then defende himself after doing it by saying he's changed since then, and then goes right back and does it again, it just comes full circle with his misunderstanding and underappreciation of criticism himself.

Edited by Rollo

About me: Half of my essence has been put into the image in an excellent way.
About the imagen (IN MY OPINION): Maybe a bit of Bloom would not hurt the image, it would look a little more beautiful aesthetically speaking.
I feel there are empty spaces that could be exploited, as above Swift or the bottom center. I would have put some characters in those places, decoration or even animals, just to make it look less empty.
The rest is fine for me, I like the color, it is a bit strong but it does not reach the point of not being pleasing to the eye.
Good job :thumbsup:
IGN: 9/10

1 minute ago, TecnoGamerJW said:

About me: Half of my essence has been put into the image in an excellent way.
About the imagen (IN MY OPINION): Maybe a bit of Bloom would not hurt the image, it would look a little more beautiful aesthetically speaking.
I feel there are empty spaces that could be exploited, as above Swift or the bottom center. I would have put some characters in those places, decoration or even animals, just to make it look less empty.
The rest is fine for me, I like the color, it is a bit strong but it does not reach the point of not being pleasing to the eye.
Good job :thumbsup:
IGN: 9/10

Thx, also I did use a bit of bloom but it might not have been enough. I honestly didn't even think about animals, that would have helped a lot.

6 hours ago, Rollo said:

It's fine if you're fine with it, we're not and that's why we downvote things. We downvoted @9redwoods's post about Swift disliking him because he has a clear misunderstanding of criticism even after being drilled about it constantly. That's also the reason Swift and Karyu downvoted his original comment on this post. Because it's not actually helpful criticism. If he's going to give lazy criticism that doesn't even elaborate on what he means by it, and then defende himself after doing it by saying he's changed since then, and then goes right back and does it again, it just comes full circle with his misunderstanding and underappreciation of criticism himself.

I now explain and tell how to go about executing my criticism when necessary. And like the others said... cut me some slack.

Edited by 9redwoods

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

I now explain and tell how to go about executing my criticism when necessary. And like the others said... cut me some slack.

I hate to butt in half way into the argument, but I approached you with a solution to this which appears to have been disregarded considering your previous comments. I'm sorry but I still agree with them. You've had plenty of time to change and I personally I don't feel you get any more excuses for these actions

Edited by Nerdinq

26 minutes ago, Nerdinq said:

I hate to butt in half way into the argument, but I approached you with a solution to this which appears to have been disregarded considering your previous comments. I'm sorry but I still agree with them. You've had plenty of time to change and I personally I don't feel you get any more excuses for these actions

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Exuse me but, why are we even arguing here ? this is someone else's topic and can't you guys resolve this in a Discord server or something ? I know 9red has one

25 minutes ago, JB Animations said:

Exuse me but, why are we even arguing here ? this is someone else's topic and can't you guys resolve this in a Discord server or something ? I know 9red has one

Or Private message, It disgusts me to see this type of fights in the forum, to resolve things in private messages, not to make sensationalism or to call attention in an post of a user.

Overall the wallpaper is nice to look at, something really just looks nice with extrudes and simple scenery and lighting, it honestly just has a nice charm to it! Although it may not seem like it, but there’s actually a lot going on, there’s space for a bit more detail on some of the people in this, but overall it’s pretty good!

I do have some tips though. Please do not be offended, and remember this is all just my opinion and suggestions.

1. Alright, lets start with the character models/rigs, like I said a above, it is lacking some detail, let me elaborate on that. Okay, most of the characters have nice details and extrudes, but some of them don’t, so it adds a weird sort of mix and loses a lot of consistency, just modeling a bit more extrudes on hair and sleeves could really improve this.
  2. The scenery and background details are next, alright so the scenery is really nice and detailed, but the end of the world is very visible, adding a hill or some trees there instead of the end of the scenery could really improve it, and overall make the entire wallpaper look better. Also, maybe make the grass colour less bright, it’s sort of hard on the eyes.
  3.  The only problem with the camera, is it lacks DOF, and it lacks a decent angle, you could add some DOF on the background to add some more depth and detail, and you could improve the camera angle by bringing it down a bit and facing it up a bit.

Overall the wallpaper is very nice and has a nice charm to it, I really like your style! :thumbsup:

@9redwoods if you want to civilly discuss the drama, my pms are open. We don’t need to flood bacons topic with false accusations and drama.

Edited by Swift

3 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Unless you've changed since Tuesday (when you posted your original reply), no you don't.

YAY IM IN THERE :D

The poster is overall good, could use some work though.

The grass in the foreground  has no dirt and looks weird and maybe change the sky color to fit the lighting. A small portal would make it better and spread the people out a little more.

I hope this helps, you earned my upvote.