FUNNY ANIMATION:Desert Adventure(Biome series)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I mean, it’s a nice start! :thumbsup:

But I have some tips. Please don’t be offended, I’m only trying to help. And remember, these are all suggestions and my opinion.

Click the spoiler down beloe for the tips. xD

Spoiler

1. Alright, to start off the lighting is really boring, I know it’s a desert but it makes it look really plain this way. You should aim for more realistic desert lighting, like blue sky, no clouds, and no fog, and a nice ambient colour. Sorta like this: 
    Spoiler

pexels-photo-210307.jpeg?auto=compress&c

Not like the lighting you have currently, it’s just really bland and turns people away from your video. 

2. Alright, the next problem is the movement, at points it’s extremly linear(or it might be sine, but I’m going to refer to it as linear seeing as sine is basically linear) Also there’s not much wrong with linear, it’s actually the best transition when used right, and when used in the proper style, but in this case, the linear looks pretty bad).

3. I appreciate your attempt at using transitions at time, but you can’t seem to ease properly, try working on that by using ease in and out.

4. Alright, my next criticism is on the facial movement, I see this problem all the time, people really can’t seem to understand the farcical needs a lot of movement to look good, if you can’t animimate a ton of movement in the facial, then it looks really poor and boring, and once again, turns people away from the video.

5. I really like how you tried using physics on the hair, honestly it looks very nice! But you seemed to not use it all the time, so it loses some consistency. 

6. Alright, the comedy. Overall the comedy was very predictable, and all the bad and dead memes honestly just made me cringe instead of laugh, and it felt more forced then funny.

Overall the animation is really good for your first, and I really like all the little details you added, good luck on your future animations, and I hope you use some of my tips for your next animations. :thumbsup: Alright, that’s all I have to say, bye! xD

Edited by Swift
Removed some stuff, fixed some stuff. Put stuff in a spoiler to avoid clutter.

6 hours ago, Swift said:

I mean, it’s a nice start! :thumbsup:

But I have some tips. Please don’t be offended, I’m only trying to help. And remember, these are all suggestions and my opinion.

Click the spoiler down beloe for the tips. xD

Reveal hidden contents

1. Alright, to start off the lighting is really boring, I know it’s a desert but it makes it look really plain this way. You should aim for more realistic desert lighting, like blue sky, no clouds, and no fog, and a nice ambient colour. Sorta like this: 
      Reveal hidden contents

pexels-photo-210307.jpeg?auto=compress&c

Not like the lighting you have currently, it’s just really bland and turns people away from your video. 

2. Alright, the next problem is the movement, at points it’s extremly linear(or it might be sine, but I’m going to refer to it as linear seeing as sine is basically linear) Also there’s not much wrong with linear, it’s actually the best transition when used right, and when used in the proper style, but in this case, the linear looks pretty bad).

3. I appreciate your attempt at using transitions at time, but you can’t seem to ease properly, try working on that by using ease in and out.

4. Alright, my next criticism is on the facial movement, I see this problem all the time, people really can’t seem to understand the farcical needs a lot of movement to look good, if you can’t animimate a ton of movement in the facial, then it looks really poor and boring, and once again, turns people away from the video.

5. I really like how you tried using physics on the hair, honestly it looks very nice! But you seemed to not use it all the time, so it loses some consistency. 

6. Alright, the comedy. Overall the comedy was very predictable, and all the bad and dead memes honestly just made me cringe instead of laugh, and it felt more forced then funny.

Overall the animation is really good for your first, and I really like all the little details you added, good luck on your future animations, and I hope you use some of my tips for your next animations. :thumbsup: Alright, that’s all I have to say, bye! xD

Thank you very much.I appreciate your honest criticism.And thank you again for your advices.