Sound effect changes!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

2 minutes ago, jakubg1 said:

You can edit/put them in an external program. It's impossible to do that in GameMaker.

it could be possible

i have played Game maker games that use reverbs etc.

by the way, using external programs just makes the process slower

Edited by Jadturentale

2 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

i have played Game maker games that use reverbs etc.

Yes but have you ever developed a game in Gamemaker? If you didn't know the sounds are edited like that in an external program as well, I have not made a game in gamemmaker before, but i'm 90% sure it's not a feature, and that you could do it better in an external program.

2 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

by the way, using external programs just makes the process slower

It takes almost 10 seconds to add fancy audio effects in audacity, plus it would sound a lot better then doing it in Mine-Imator probably.

3 minutes ago, Swift said:

Yes but have you ever developed a game in Gamemaker? If you didn't know the sounds are edited like that in an external program as well, I have not made a game in gamemmaker before, but i'm 90% sure it's not a feature, and that you could do it better in an external program.

It takes almost 10 seconds to add fancy audio effects in audacity, plus it would sound a lot better then doing it in Mine-Imator probably.

I have developped a game in Gamemaker, but- oh

i never used sounds

By the way, those features were just suggestions, i didn't know that.

and... 10 Seconds? It's complicated to understand Audacity..

35 minutes ago, KaryuGraphics said:

why do people insist on making MI a mixed editing program? sound effects are not hard to edit nor is it a slow process

Well, since we've now got tons of new camera/video effects in MI, I don't see why at least a few more options for audio would be a bad thing. Just some simple things like fade in/out, and adjusting the volume bar to go from 0-200% instead of 100% would be extremely helpful for any animation making.