Curves, cylinders and triangles all in one?

FluffyPTV
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

1. I am trying to make a Mine-imator rig of this train thing (pictured).E-Class How do I achieve the effects of the curves, triangles and cylinders at the front? Its basically the curved front I need help with. That includes the front window, lights and displays. I have already made the rest of the train body. Is there a modelling technique to achieve it?
  2. The articulated sections between carriages is another problem. I need the "accordion (articulated section)" to lock onto 2 positions in the model and bend and stretch as the train turns. How do I do this?

I am asking this in priority order, please help with the curved front first please.

If you need more pictures, the train is called the Yarra Trams E-Class. If picture does not load, go to this link https://yarratrams.com.au/news/over-the-moon-next-generation-e-class-tram-celebrates-first-birthday

Edited by FluffyPTV

4 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Fryzzle The Pork said:

you can make curve using many surface

TV2.pngTV.png

That does not really answer it, the surface is curved but also in a triangle shape up with many elements to it.

And how did you do that

16 hours ago, Chaukeke said:

I mean, it's a Minecraft animation software, we can't do much. Tho by using some custom bendable models, you could end up with something. (I think that's a tramway)

Yes its a tram but they aren't popular in the world so calling it a train would have a more global meaning. And I have Modelbench but not getting anywhere with modelling because I just started.

Edited by FluffyPTV