Change biome colors

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Im making a scene where I need to constantly go back and forth between two different biome settings. For instance one guy is on earth and other guy is in mars, you are going to need two different biome settings, different grass color etc. I also need to change the sky texture.

How do I change these? The background keyframe is ignoring any of these settings.

Edited by moniker

8 answers to this question

@Nimianother 2 options I wonder why aren't changeable within keyframes are "glow radius" , "glow intensity" and "glow falloff". Why are these settings in the render section instead of just settings which you are able to change like glow color and so on? It's very limiting to stick to the same radius, intensity, falloff... etc settings for the duration of the animation. Many cool ideas I have would be doable if I was able to change these settings with keyframes. Same goes for sunlight range and pretty much every single setting anywhere to be found in the background section and in the render section. These settings aren't like "resolution" or "fps" which have to be the same for the entire project, they should be able to be changed as they should be part of the creative tools for the user if it makes sense. If you can make all of these tweakable within the next pre-release it would be great.

Edited by moniker

26 minutes ago, moniker said:

@Nimianother 2 options I wonder why aren't changeable within keyframes are "glow radius" , "glow intensity" and "glow falloff". Why are these settings in the render section instead of just settings which you are able to change like glow color and so on? It's very limiting to stick to the same radius, intensity, falloff... etc settings for the duration of the animation. Many cool ideas I have would be doable if I was able to change these settings with keyframes. Same goes for sunlight range and pretty much every single setting anywhere to be found in the background section and in the render section. These settings aren't like "resolution" or "fps" which have to be the same for the entire project, they should be able to be changed as they should be part of the creative tools for the user if it makes sense. If you can make all of these tweakable within the next pre-release it would be great.

In terms of how the glow effect is generated, it's a copy of the bloom effect except it renders the scene based on each object's glow values and then blurs the rendered result with the radius and 'adds' it to the render based on the intensity.(So radius and intensity can't be per-object. And falloff is just a second glow effect.) Since it wouldn't have made much sense to put the settings in a camera(As it already has bloom.) or the background(Since it's unrelated to rendering effects.), I've put them in the project render settings. For now they'll remain in the render settings tab though in the future that may change depending on what major changes we'll make in the next major update.(1.3)

On 9/26/2018 at 9:58 PM, Nimi said:

In terms of how the glow effect is generated, it's a copy of the bloom effect except it renders the scene based on each object's glow values and then blurs the rendered result with the radius and 'adds' it to the render based on the intensity.(So radius and intensity can't be per-object. And falloff is just a second glow effect.) Since it wouldn't have made much sense to put the settings in a camera(As it already has bloom.) or the background(Since it's unrelated to rendering effects.), I've put them in the project render settings. For now they'll remain in the render settings tab though in the future that may change depending on what major changes we'll make in the next major update.(1.3)

I see... I wish the render for gamemaker was more powerful. Things like these are limiting one's creativity.

What about changing sunlight range with the background keyframe? that would be mega useful. It just should be doable. Here is just another value that needs to be changed with the keyframe, I don't see the problem. Then cloud position and sky image changes would be very useful too.

1 hour ago, moniker said:

I see... I wish the render for gamemaker was more powerful. Things like these are limiting one's creativity.

What about changing sunlight range with the background keyframe? that would be mega useful. It just should be doable. Here is just another value that needs to be changed with the keyframe, I don't see the problem. Then cloud position and sky image changes would be very useful too.

The sunlight range, cloud offset/position and switching between the Minecraft sky and custom image can be animated(among other now animatable values), though animating the texture of the custom image isn't.

49 minutes ago, Nimi said:

The sunlight range, cloud offset/position and switching between the Minecraft sky and custom image can be animated(among other now animatable values), though animating the texture of the custom image isn't.

You mean it can be animated in the next release or now? I can't animate any of these right now, the background keyframe ignores the changes.