Banbury - A Silent Place (4K Cinematic)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The overall wallpaper is decent, but it gets boring really fast.

1. For every wallpaper there needs to be an overall focus, this doesn’t really have any main focus, if the mansion was the main focus you should have used rule of thirds or something similar.
  2. There’s not much to look at, just a mansion and a train. You have so much room for anything here, you could have at least added someone, the parrot is barley noticeable, and there’s absolutely nothing going on.
  3. The depth of field is hardly noticeable, and the Iights from the windows look very bad, it seems like it was the end of the schematic and you just added some random random yellow bright cubes, you could have added basically anything behind the windows.

Overall I rate 4/10, gets very boring to look at very fast, and there’s absolutely nothing going on, it’s very boring. The lighting is pretty good though, sorry I was probably pretty nagitive throughout this whole thing, but tbh you seem like you can take it.

Edited by Swift
Whoops I put it as 0/10

15 minutes ago, Swift said:

The overall wallpaper is decent, but it gets boring really fast.

1. For every wallpaper there needs to be an overall focus, this doesn’t really have any main focus, if the mansion was the main focus you should have used rule of thirds or something similar.
  2. There’s not much to look at, just a mansion and a train. You have so much room for anything here, you could have at least added someone, the parrot is barley noticeable, and there’s absolutely nothing going on.
  3. The depth of field is hardly noticeable, and the Iights from the windows look very bad, it seems like it was the end of the schematic and you just added some random random yellow bright cubes, you could have added basically anything behind the windows.

Overall I rate 4/10, gets very boring to look at very fast, and there’s absolutely nothing going on, it’s very boring. The lighting is pretty good though, sorry I was probably pretty nagitive throughout this whole thing, but tbh you seem like you can take it.

Alright, I agree with some of these statements.

For one thing, it's not a mansion. 

I get that it gets boring really fast. The thing was really just meant to be a render. It wasn't meant to be a true scene.

If the depth of field was any higher, I think it would be too blurry and too distracting. I wanted it to be suddle.

I'd like to hear some examples of more interests.

Overall, you treated this more like a wallpaper than a render, so this would be pretty acceptable for a wallpaper, but all I was doing was making a render of a schematic I found.

Thanks for the criticism :)

(I like how Karyu upvoted your comment when it said 0/10 lol) 

Edited by 9redwoods

8 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

Alright, I agree with some of these statements.

For one thing, it's not a mansion. 

I get that it gets boring really fast. The thing was really just meant to be a render. It wasn't meant to be a true scene.

If the depth of field was any higher, I think it would be too blurry and too distracting. I wanted it to be suddle.

I'd like to hear some examples of more interests.

Overall, you treated this more like a wallpaper than a render, so this would be pretty acceptable for a wallpaper, but all I was doing was making a render of a schematic I found.

Thanks for the criticism :)

(I like how Karyu upvoted your comment when it said 0/10 lol) 

are those... Excuses to someone's  C R I T I C I S M  i hear?

22 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

It’s in wallpapers and art, plus on the forums we usually call it wallpapers not renders. xD

I don’t really get how it not being a mansion matters.

It being a render doesn’t really mean anything, you could still put in some effort to make it less boring.

The depth of field being low is pretty annoying, it takes away any depth in the wallpaper.

I’m pretty sure Karyu just upvoted it, because he agreed with some of my points. Making stupid assumptions is pretty low of you to be honest.

Edited by Swift