7 More Things I Would Change in the 1.2.0 Update for MI

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

If you haven't checked out the first topic I made about this subject, I suggest you should! Here it is: 

Hey guys! Here are a few more things I would change or add in the 1.2.0 update. Just to let you know, this is just me laying out my thoughts, so if you think I don't like this new update, you're 100% wrong. Let's get on with it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. DOF. Depth of Field is an amazing feature. What was added in 1.2.0 is that you can change the blur size of the DOF. This is such a handy feature, and it makes you wonder how it hasn't been in MI for a longer time. I think there should be a checkbox where you can choose for objects to be blurrier the further away they are.
  2. Different bends for different objects. I love the return of blocky bends. It's really nice to have them back! But when I try to use a model, for instance, @Dr_Nexil's cape model, the bends are broken. I figured out the cape only worked properly with the realistic bends. I think you shouldn't have to make the sacrifice between a good cape and nice bending. I think there should be a checkbox where you can choose between blocky and realistic in the object properties tab.
  3. Glow placement and filters. The glow feature is really useful! I love it a lot. I think instead of being in Settings, glow should be a part of the camera frame tab (along with color correction, vignette, etc.). I think it's a weird spot to be in currently. One other idea I had for the glow feature is that you could choose what blocks are and aren't affected by the glow.
  4. Better vignette. Even on full strength, the vignette is kind of wimpy. I think there should be a higher strength so you can make the vignette more noticeable.
  5. Cloud render depth. I noticed that you can't see objects and schematics through the gradient of the Story Mode clouds. Just a little thing to fix.
  6. Shadow strength/darkness. This isn't a "change" I have with the update, but I think this would be an awesome addition. Currently, to achieve dynamic lighting, you have to change the time of day to evening and put a spotlight up in the sky with a high range. All it really does is increase she shadow darkness, but still keeps the brightness of the scene. What if you didn't have to do that? You could just adjust the shadow darkness and boom. More dynamic lighting.
  7. Saved watermarks. I just realized this annoying thing while writing this topic. I customized a watermark and turned watermarks off the next day. I just turned them back on, and my custom watermark is now gone. I really don't know why this wasn't added in the 1.2.0 update unless the developers didn't think of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That kind of wraps things up! I hope you agree with some of my changes. This is the last "Changes" topic I'm going to make, because the 1.2.0 topic is too perfect to find more than 13 things to change. I'll see you all later, and have an amazing day!