How does this look so far?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Please give feedback I worked hard on this and everything before it and I want to make sure it is great when I release it. Dang, I hope YT compression doesn't kill this. (You might want to give it a second to process.)

15 minutes ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

steps seem a bit on the stiff side, and while i like the particles i think you could use a nice portal surface where the main character drops off.

the lighting could also use a bit of work

What he said, minus the walking part.

I think you could have added some more sunlight to the scene. Right now, it's mostly shadows.

11 minutes ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

steps seem a bit on the stiff side, and while i like the particles i think you could use a nice portal surface where the main character drops off.

the lighting could also use a bit of work

Well on Hypixel you click on the NPCs to go into a game, so I tried to mimic that. Also how I literally used sine transitions if I go any smoother it'll be linear.

1 minute ago, 9redwoods said:

What he said, minus the walking part.

I think you could have added some more sunlight to the scene. Right now, it's mostly shadows.

It's sort of supposed to be late-ish in the evening with the sun setting, any ideas how I could improve on that kind of look? Also it's really hard to strike a good balance since the Hypixel Skywars Lobby is surrounded by trees on the edges so it's either too much shadow or too little.

Just now, BaconSandwich said:

Well on Hypixel you click on the NPCs to go into a game, so I tried to mimic that.

yeah, i get that. it's just that seeing the character fall into the floor isn't very aesthetically appealing, that's all

1 minute ago, BaconSandwich said:

Also how I literally used sine transitions if I go any smoother it'll be linear.

if you read this post i'll literally breathe oxygen. transitions are important, but you also have to keep the timing of each keyframe in mind, it feels like the protagonist is moving far too slowly for it to be a casual walk cycle imho

1 minute ago, BaconSandwich said:

It's sort of supposed to be late-ish in the evening with the sun setting, any ideas how I could improve on that kind of look? Also it's really hard to strike a good balance since the Hypixel Skywars Lobby is surrounded by trees on the edges so it's either too much shadow or too little.

I guess there isn't a way. My only suggestion if you want there to be fewer shadows is to add a spotlight in the top corner of the set, raise the range, and make the time of day early night.