Suggestion: Multiple Bending Points On One Part

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This could be useful for making limbs that have more than one joint in a single part (i.e. fingers, tentacles, wrists on forearms, ankle joints on legs, etc.)

If used, it shouldn't be possible to add a bending point on top of an existing point, as that could cause really weird errors...

BUT if this does get added, there might need to be some changes in Mine-imator, for example:

• Listing/Displaying the bending points for easy selection and positioning, and
  • Controlling each bending point in the animator

1 hour ago, 9redwoods said:

One word.

Modelbench.

Two words. Your wrong.

you'd need TWO parts, one part for the wrist, and one part for the arm. I'm pretty sure they mean they want both points on the arm part instead of in two parts.

More than one bending point? That can already be achieved but it has to be done using more than one object. If you want an example of someone using this technique, look at this: nowyoucantellbythewaythatiusemywalkimawo

But yeah, I still understand your point. I think it'd be a bit weird to work with in the interface and 3D view because we'd need lots of bending wheels. 

The desired effect can still be achieved with the current features though. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, -StickyMations- said:

More than one bending point? That can already be achieved but it has to be done using more than one object. If you want an example of someone using this technique, look at this: nowyoucantellbythewaythatiusemywalkimawo

But yeah, I still understand your point. I think it'd be a bit weird to work with in the interface and 3D view because we'd need lots of bending wheels. 

The desired effect can still be achieved with the current features though. 

I mean bending in two different directions as two separate bending points. (Like pointing your hand forward and bending your elbow or twisting your ankle side to side without moving your leg)