Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi guys,

You might remember my latest war animation Lone Survivor (here)

Now I have created another animation, now horror.

Don't watch this if you have Coulrofobia. Extreme JUMPSCARE warning.

This animation is experimental.

ENJOY!

Edited by Stunning Animations

Ok, I have some things wrong with this animation.

The saw thing the murderer was holding was made of tiny cubes. Never do that, it looks very ugly. Always use a custom texture.

The animation was way too linear for my liking. Never use linear animation for natural movement.

The lighting was weird. I really don’t know what was wrong with it but it seemed off.

The clown thing wasn’t scary.

If the camera and the camera movements were more cinematic, it really would be a horror animation. You really need to nail those cinematic shots for it to look good and creepy enough.

the walk cycles were really messed up. The feet were sliding when they should have been walking. It really looked like they were on an invisible moving treadmill.

The texture of the door opening at the end was stretched. Always try to avoid stretched textures at all costs.

Thats really it. If you follow criticism and you develop an undertansding of what looks good and what doesn’t, you can very well make “stunning animations.” 

10 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Ok, I have some things wrong with this animation.

The saw thing the murderer was holding was made of tiny cubes. Never do that, it looks very ugly. Always use a custom texture.

The animation was way too linear for my liking. Never use linear animation for natural movement.

The lighting was weird. I really don’t know what was wrong with it but it seemed off.

The clown thing wasn’t scary.

If the camera and the camera movements were more cinematic, it really would be a horror animation. You really need to nail those cinematic shots for it to look good and creepy enough.

the walk cycles were really messed up. The feet were sliding when they should have been walking. It really looked like they were on an invisible moving treadmill.

The texture of the door opening at the end was stretched. Always try to avoid stretched textures at all costs.

Thats really it. If you follow criticism and you develop an undertansding of what looks good and what doesn’t, you can very well make “stunning animations.” 

Thank you, I know that criticism is importatnt. I am glad for your advices.