2 Folders & A Camera

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes. I personally sometimes use this method. I also use it for car crashes, realistic flips, etc. What you have to do is have an object at 0 positon, then go down to the bottom left and press the folder button 3 times. Each folder you use is for a different purpose. For instance, use one folder for X movement, one for Y, and one for Z. So now, you have separate keyframes for every dimension, so you can, along with ease in and out transitions, mess around with dynamic movement.

Basically, the reason behind this method is because... let's say you want a character's arm to make a non-linear circle motion. If the arm doesn't have separate folders for X Y and Z rotation, the arm movement would be messy, and the different rotations work against the others. There is a character model someone made where you can use the X Y Z of every limb separately. I personally don't use it because I'm not a major in animation and it's not worth it. But if you want dynamic movement and more smooth animation, I consider you use it. I don't know how good you are at animation, but with this method, you can't use linear transitions. What works the best is "ease in-and-out quadric."

I have some examples of dynamic movement for you to show you how much better it is from regular keyframes:

1. @Jake_28 is amazing at it. he specializes in character movement mostly. You can check out his YouTube channel here 

2. I myself have done dynamic camera and object movement. One really good example from me is the end of this video where I really take a big step into camera movement.

3. SheenShou. SheenShou made a few tutorials involving dynamic movement. He probably explains it better than I did in these paragraphs. Here are the videos for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3U5Vbk4Ti0&t     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXvTTD_9rCk