[4k] dominance

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

About the wallpaper itself, I have a few problems. Don't take this as hate please, I'm just trying to help. 

I think there should be more ambient night lighting. It would make it so you can see what's going on, and it wouldn't ruin the dark feel.

The posing could be a bit better. You can give it a little more life.

I say this to everyone, but I think the camera angle should almost always be near or on the ground looking up. It really does make the wallpaper more cinematic.

Why did you brighten the steve? I think it was because it was too dark to see him otherwise, and all I have to say for that is add night lighting.

That's really all I have to say about this wallpaper. Great job overall, though.

8 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

About the wallpaper itself, I have a few problems. Don't take this as hate please, I'm just trying to help. 

I think there should be more ambient night lighting. It would make it so you can see what's going on, and it wouldn't ruin the dark feel.

The posing could be a bit better. You can give it a little more life.

I say this to everyone, but I think the camera angle should almost always be near or on the ground looking up. It really does make the wallpaper more cinematic.

Why did you brighten the steve? I think it was because it was too dark to see him otherwise, and all I have to say for that is add night lighting.

That's really all I have to say about this wallpaper. Great job overall, though.

Default moonlight in Mine-imator honestly looks pretty crappy. I would make artificial faded blue light to simulate it.

I agree with this, but I also think he did a good job for his 3rd ever post.

I wouldn't ever call one camera angle the only angle acceptable. As long as attention is drawn to the correct places, thr wallpaper should do fine. Also this wallpaper seems to follow that rule already.

If Steve was lit the same as everything else we wouldn't be able to see him. Our attention would instead be drawn to the girl in the front, since she takes up half the wallpaper anyway. However, the light transition could look a little nicer.

My personal critique: Even with the added light I'm not entirely drawn to the t-pose Steve. Have you tried lighting up the people who are running away, and then adding a bit of DOF or even a vignette so the focus is more towards Steve? I also mentioned this earlier but yeah, the poses could be a little more lively. There's probably a way for you to show more motion. Good wallpaper for just your third post ever though. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Default moonlight in Mine-imator honestly looks pretty crappy. I would make artificial faded blue light to simulate it.

That's what I meant by "ambient night lighting."

9 minutes ago, Rollo said:

I wouldn't ever call one camera angle the only angle acceptable. As long as attention is drawn to the correct places, thr wallpaper should do fine. Also this wallpaper seems to follow that rule already.

I agree with that.

Edited by 9redwoods