Support for Boolean Textures

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, this would be a really cool addition to Mine-imator and would allow for some really cool facial rigging and just rigging in general.

If you don't know what boolean textures are, here's an example from a Blender Minecraft rig:

c8608880ba8ea45309c5974f0b418866.gif?_ga=2.168418792.835243725.1534535461-1458550226.1523029128

Although it is not very easy to notice it in this picture, if you look to the bottom left of his face, you can see that the mouth isn't changing or deforming the texture at all. Look closely,

Now, you may say this is already possible with alpha mouths, but it is not the same thing.

I had a cool idea for a rig that currently isn't possible, so this being added as a feature would be cool.

It would work with scaling so if you scale a flat plane with a texture of a part of a face on it, it would scale easily without deforming the texture, which could be so useful for more advanced facial animation.

Also, it isn't just limited to facial rigs, it could be useful for a lot more things.

So, what do you guys think?

Edit: The idea I thought up is technically possible, but not in the way I want it to work.

Edit 2: Come to think of it, this feature would be great for Modelbench too.

Edited by JH Animations

I still don't get what you mean.

Do you mean instead of a head's texture stretching, have more pixels be generated so it doesn't look stretched?

In that case, that's something you can only do in Photoshop. MI can't generate object-aware pixels and make it look good.

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

I still don't get what you mean.

Do you mean instead of a head's texture stretching, have more pixels be generated so it doesn't look stretched?

In that case, that's something you can only do in Photoshop. MI can't generate object-aware pixels and make it look good.

Yeah, I guess that's kind of true, but it would still be really cool. It's also possible in Blender and similar programs.