My animation that (almost) took forever to make

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It i an animation that took me 6 months to make (plus 3 years since the idea was made) and i'm glad i finished!

note: it doesn't have the best animation and has a few animation errors here and there, but that doesn't %100 ruin it. ?

Ok, I have a few things you can work on in this animation.

The lighting is nonexistent. I know it was a large project and it took a long time to make, but lighting is one of the most important parts.

Also, I see linear animation. Never use linear transitions for natural movement. Never.

The camera angles were very robotic and could be improved greatly. You should have parented the camera to multiple folders for X Y and Z position and rotation to make it smooth.

The posing was very generic and unrealistic. Maybe you should put more effort into the posing for your animations.

The ships were really bugging me because you didn't take the time to make a scale-accurate schematic. This happens a lot in the animation.   

Ender Trek? Maybe you could have made something a little more original. 

Also, robotic voice? Please just use text instead if you can't find a voice actor.

The shadows were very messed up and distracting in some scenes. Maybe if you see a problem like that, you should fix it.

When the ships blew up, the particles became green.

Space isn't orange. Turn off the fog.

I guess that's about it. Other than that, it was pretty entertaining to watch! If you listen to criticism, you'll improve! Good luck!

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Also, I see linear animation. Never use linear transitions for natural movement. Never.

I have to disagree.

Saying to just never use them is misleading.     You should use them, but keyframes using them should be close together.      They can be very useful.

15 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

I have to disagree.

Saying to just never use them is misleading.     You should use them, but keyframes using them should be close together.      They can be very useful.

This. Although using them in between two keyframes that are far apart are bad, you can achieve effects that transitions could never do by grouping together keyframes with linear transitions.

But on to my two (or more) cents:

• I would have to give an upvote for effort here, not anyone can just make an 11 minute animation
  • Some text should have more time on screen so we can read them without having to pause the video.
  • If your computer allows, darken the scene and try using lights (Torches, Glowstone, etc.) to illuminate the scene.
  • For the starships, I would recommend using Hardened Clay instead of Diamond Blocks (but it's already too late)
  • When the camera zooms around the island, I would recommend putting the camera in a folder inside a folder inside a folder, etc. and move said folders around so that the camera moves much more smoothly
  • If you haven't already done this, for any future endeavors, split the movie into smaller chunks of projects (Different scenes should have their own project)
  • As much as walking cycles could be improved, I'm not going to bother with them here (They take a long time to nail perfectly, longer for non-human creatures like Endermen)
  • Yea don't bother using text to speech voices if you don't have voice actors. Use text like you did with the Endermen.
  • Remove any and all fog when in space scenes like the one you have

11 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Ok, I have a few things you can work on in this animation.

The lighting is nonexistent. I know it was a large project and it took a long time to make, but lighting is one of the most important parts.

The camera angles were very robotic and could be improved greatly. You should have parented the camera to multiple folders for X Y and Z position and rotation to make it smooth.

The posing was very generic and unrealistic. Maybe you should put more effort into the posing for your animations.

The ships were really bugging me because you didn't take the time to make a scale-accurate schematic. This happens a lot in the animation.   

Ender Trek? Maybe you could have made something a little more original. 

Also, robotic voice? Please just use text instead if you can't find a voice actor.

The shadows were very messed up and distracting in some scenes. Maybe if you see a problem like that, you should fix it.

When the ships blew up, the particles became green.

I guess that's about it. Other than that, it was pretty entertaining to watch! If you listen to criticism, you'll improve! Good luck!

Okay! I'll take the advice! ?

But that would involve reanimating the intro due to the fact i generated over 1,500 particles (and my old computer couldn't handle it.) but i think my new computer can handle it when doing it!

9 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

I have to disagree.

i agree, you can also use linear key-frames for a robotic arm (which i don't know how often its used) but i agree, linear key-frame isn't %100 useless. ?

8 hours ago, Caeden117 said:

For the starships, I would recommend using Hardened Clay instead of Diamond Blocks (but it's already too late)

but the star-ships were designed to be stronger than Steve's (only to realize that Steve's starship was made of obsidian) and it was mainly supposed to be %50 Minecraft (since it is supposed to be in the minecraft universe but not at the same time) and we all know diamond is strong (and stronger with shields)

I hope that helped you on that question! ?

9 hours ago, Caeden117 said:

If you haven't already done this, for any future endeavors, split the movie into smaller chunks of projects (Different scenes should have their own project)

I did.

Im sorry if i seem rude when answering these questions. i just wanted to tell you a few things.

I'll make sure part 2 has less errors! 

12 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

orange-nebula-stars.jpg

1 hour ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

but the star-ships were designed to be stronger than Steve's (only to realize that Steve's starship was made of obsidian) and it was mainly supposed to be %50 Minecraft (since it is supposed to be in the minecraft universe but not at the same time) and we all know diamond is strong (and stronger with shields)

I hope that helped you on that question! ?

I did.

Im sorry if i seem rude when answering these questions. i just wanted to tell you a few things.

I'll make sure part 2 has less errors! 

orange-nebula-stars.jpg

That's a galaxy. In the animation, the whole bottom half of space was orange.

10 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

I have to disagree.

I agree with that, like if you're crying or doing very detailed movements, but she used linear for mostly everything. Just raising your hand or something should always be ease in and out.

3 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

That's a galaxy. In the animation, the whole bottom half of space was orange.

its a nebula, a cloud of dust and gas that can form stars. before you say "same thing", nebulae are usually a few light years big while galaxies are hundreds of thousands of lightyears.

plus, the fog was for the warp tunnel, but if i disabled it, the warp tunnel fog would vanish.

it wasn't supposed to be that way, but it was one of my only options at the time.

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ