Car Model (Advice please!)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I've been working on this car model (based somewhat off of the ford mustang) for some time now, but I'm not really happy with it so far. I'm deciding whether to continue it and finish the interior/details, or to restart and decrease the detail or resolution by 0.5. (So the car width: 42 pixels would become 21 pixels, but the model would be scaled to 2).

Suggestions?

BNy1C82.png

bEJRCqr.png

2 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

I think you should continue with what you've made so far.     It looks great and it'd suck to waste all the effort you've put in so far.

2 hours ago, BaconSandwich said:

I think the detail looks good, you should keep it.

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Looks incredible!

I'd suggest making everything "destructible" like make the hood bendable and make the front be able to respond to impacts. I think that would be awesome! 

Appreciate the feedback.

I think I will attempt to complete the model first and then consider releasing a destructible version (9redwoods).

Also, are extrusions necessary on the sides of the car (to add more depth)? Or is having a flat-sided car acceptable?

Edited by Legendarian

14 minutes ago, Legendarian said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I think I will attempt to complete the model first and then consider releasing a destructible version (9redwoods).

Also, are extrusions necessary on the sides of the car (to add more depth)? Or is having a flat-sided car acceptable?

Extrusions would be nice, especially when you have a detailed front and back like that. So I’d say yes, they’re needed to make it look good. Also when you’re talking to someone directly, type the @ sign then their name and click on their name below, like this: @Legendarian