MI won't use costum recourse pack

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I have the problem that Mine-Imator won't use the costum resource pack I've directed it to, and continues to use the default textures.

• I've tried other resource packs, and they work; they actually change skin, clouds, ...
  • I've started minecraft and played with my resource pack, it worked fine.
  • The resource pack I want to use only changes a single file, the stray_overlay.png texture. I've tried adding all other default minecraft assets, to make it a "full" resource pack, but that didn't help.
  • I've checked the file structure several times, and replaced the pack.mcmeta with a working resource pack, but still won't change anything.

Being desperate, I've even tried manipulating the assets in /Mine-imator 1.1.4/Data/Minecraft, but MI just ignores them, lol.

I'm using the newest version of MI, searched the forums for a bit, but there doesn't seem to be any solution.

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Virumya said:

I have the problem that Mine-Imator won't use the costum resource pack I've directed it to, and continues to use the default textures.

• I've tried other resource packs, and they work; they actually change skin, clouds, ...
  • I've started minecraft and played with my resource pack, it worked fine.
  • The resource pack I want to use only changes a single file, the stray_overlay.png texture. I've tried adding all other default minecraft assets, to make it a "full" resource pack, but that didn't help.
  • I've checked the file structure several times, and replaced the pack.mcmeta with a working resource pack, but still won't change anything.

Being desperate, I've even tried manipulating the assets in /Mine-imator 1.1.4/Data/Minecraft, but MI just ignores them, lol.

I'm using the newest version of MI, searched the forums for a bit, but there doesn't seem to be any solution.

Thanks in advance!

When you zip it, dont zip the folder, zip the files in it by selecting them and send to compressed zipped file.

edit: and also make sure your pack.mcmeta is correct.

Edited by Jake_28

1 minute ago, Virumya said:

Thank you for responding!

For your questions: Yes, and yes.

Well, I don't know what's wrong with the resource pack,(Can you put up a download for it?)

And the reason the other method didn't work is cause MI only extracts the zip once, the extracted assets are stored in %appdata%/roaming. If you decide to edit this, be careful;I have been told it can mess up your projects.

Just now, Virumya said:

Yes, I can upload it to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ansRQtKlL2R6GVtCT_jn1m3nQhw1Hkgk

Also thank you for that tip, I think I'm actually gonna try that, I reeeeaaaally want that darn skelly to change their medaille colour XD

huh...won't work for me either...I have no idea. Maybe you mis-spelled a folder? Maybe the mcmeta is in the wrong format. Dunno. I guess try editing the MI assets.

Aaaand I broke everything XD

Deleted the folder, hoping Mine-Imator would extract the resources again. Well, it didn't... XD Now it couldn't find any textures.

Tried to reinstall Mine-Imator, with the manipulated zip, aaaaand...!! it's still default texture hsdawdf

WHYYY aahhh XD

Also I checked the files name, and Minecraft itself does recognize the pack, so. And the pack.mcmeta is copied from a resource pack that does work in Mine-Imator. Welp ^^'

3 hours ago, mbanders said:

AWESOME! Omg this actually works, thank you so much!! So what did you exactly do?? :o

1 hour ago, TheFastFilms said:

When responding to people, quote them, so they see this. 

Oh, alright, I keep that in mind, thank you!