Just a Normal Phone Booth (Also my first gif)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 hour ago, Chaukeke said:

Either it's a really good play with the render depth settings, or it's a crappy camera surface thing, I can't actually tell.. :think:

its editing. making a camera movement for the booth, then copy it for the interior and then you got yourself a little tardis bigger on the inside effect.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:50 AM, KaryuGraphics said:

its editing. making a camera movement for the booth, then copy it for the interior and then you got yourself a little tardis bigger on the inside effect.

Yep. I uses the render depth to where you can't see the surface (greenscreen) all around the box except for when the doors are open. The surface is set to a render depth one lower than the windows so it won't bee seen through the windows. I got this idea after I had a friend Adilino (Nick) make a TARDIS for me in Unity. I then had the idea to make a house with windows.

Something that when you looked into the windows themselves, you'd just see a normal house interior. Bed, crafting table and whatnot until you opened the main door of the house. You would then see the TARDIS interior. It honestly sounds really complex, but it's actually really simple. 

On 8/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, Chaukeke said:

Either it's a really good play with the render depth settings, or it's a crappy camera surface thing, I can't actually tell.. :think:

It's not a camera surface thing lol. It's just a trick of the render depth. :3

1 hour ago, Davi12345 said:

Nice, didnt you used the alpha and render depth too?

Yep! That's exactally how it works! :D I changed alpha of the window to make it see through like a normal window, then changed the render depth of the greenscreen so it would only appear once you opened the door. Great job on figuring it out!