Reflections

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, you need to have a see through, camera textured shapes. You might be able to register an item sheet using a camera for more complex stuff like what your doing.

Edited by MikTRF
More info

reflections are pretty simple...

Create a cube, or simple shape like the flat plane and then set it's texture to a camera.
It's pretty easy...from there go wild with it. 
here's an example of How I used that trick to do the reflection in Spidey's eyes for an upcoming animation. 

https://imgur.com/a/ksPTxF3
From there I just used the color stuff to add a white filter over it.

I just made a skin with no eyes, then put a flat behind the eyes, set it's texture to a camera, then parented the camera to Spidey's head, that way anything Spidey's looking at is reflected. 
i then use the mix and such to change how much it reflects in each scene. 
=
To do stuff like a sword and such, I'd reccomend making planes, and stretch them to the shapes of each pixel... over the orignal, kinda like a skin on it, using a lot of them... then parenting cameras to each of them... set them in a folder, and hide them.. then you'll only need to worry about it when you're rendering, instead of massive lag when animating.

but for swords I'd say it's not needed really. 
And there may be an easier way

Edited by ICExz13