Hagus

Is Shiginima Launcher Safe?

I don't really want to buy and download Minecraft for pc when I already have it on 2 consoles. But people keep pushing me to use Shiginima launcher, which doesn't seem safe. Is it? And isn't there some sort of catch, like a virus? I need solid proof that it is safe, because I would rather not get Minecraft, then get it illegally and get in trouble and kill my computer.

Just buy Minecraft. Pirating is illegal anyway, also against the rules.

Edited by Swift

If you don't want to get Minecraft illegally, then pay on the official website.

Pretty much the only way.

Just now, Swift said:

Pirating is illega

Well technically no, but realistically yeah.

Also if I get a warning point for this, I'm just gonna point out that this was in response to a question. I did not write the original question nor bring up the topic.

21 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

Just get Minecraft, it's not a big deal. It's literally $26

Eh. I usually don't buy games more than $10 unless I really want it..

3 minutes ago, Skjold said:

He has Mine-imator, a software about Minecraft and he has MC on 2 other platformes! He's already paid for MC before.

4 minutes ago, Skjold said:

same. I'm just getting kinda annoyed at everyone asking me to get it. I don't have money coming out of my ears. Besides, if you want me to play, get Battlefront 2 Classic (2005). Way better game and cheaper. 😂

Just now, 9redwoods said:

He has Mine-imator, a software about Minecraft and he has MC on 2 other platformes! He's already paid for MC before.

yes so why would I pay for it again? There isn't a lot of logic in that.

7 minutes ago, Hagus said:

I bought minecraft 3 times, once on an xbox one, once on a 360, once on PC. Just pay for it buddy, if you get it cracked you will get a virus, or caught.

Just buy it. If you don't have money save up like I did.

@Skjold misread sorry

Edited by Swift

3 minutes ago, Hagus said:

There is more logic than you can say in a comment.

You literally can't upload any schematics or do anything with scenery with MI without it unless you use those crud presets.

Also, PC edition is 100x better than any other platform, especially now because of Bedrock edition.

I also bought MC on my iPad, my phone, another iPad, my Mom's phone (a long time ago), and Xbox 360. You can deal with spending some money. 

Edited by 9redwoods

9 minutes ago, Hagus said:

same. I'm just getting kinda annoyed at everyone asking me to get it. I don't have money coming out of my ears. Besides, if you want me to play, get Battlefront 2 Classic (2005). Way better game and cheaper. 😂

I'd say pirating is acceptable in this case, but just in case it's better to buy a legit account.

Heck, I don't think pirated minecraft versions allow open multiplayer

plus honestly a minecraft account is a loooooot  cheaper than pc repair

Edited by Skjold

1 hour ago, Skjold said:

I'd say pirating is acceptable in this case, but just in case it's better to buy a legit account.

Heck, I don't think pirated minecraft versions allow open multiplayer

plus honestly a minecraft account is a loooooot  cheaper than pc repair

I use Shiginima before, now i have a official account of Minecraft, I had no problem, only that I could not use my skin and could not access Realms.

1 hour ago, 9redwoods said:

There is more logic than you can say in a comment.

You literally can't upload any schematics or do anything with scenery with MI without it unless you use those crud presets.

Also, PC edition is 100x better than any other platform, especially now because of Bedrock edition.

I also bought MC on my iPad, my phone, another iPad, my Mom's phone (a long time ago), and Xbox 360. You can deal with spending some money. 

He actually can use schematics, and it's really easy too.

Going to lock this for obvious reasons. 🔒

Might aswell answer your question however.
I linked the raw program up to VirusTotal(An online scanning tool that uses various Anti-virus engines to check a File)

Results: link (Picked up 5 possible infections, 2 are the same)
I'll also go ahead and link the descriptions of the virus types picked up for education sake.

Whether you find these to be False positives or not, is entirely up to you. Your risk.

6 hours ago, Hagus said:

But people keep pushing me to use Shiginima launcher. I need solid proof that it is safe.

When it comes to unofficial downloads of products, there will never be solid proof. (Yes, even with opensource projects who offer pre-compiled exe's)
Even if people push you to use the launcher and claim "It's safe! Nothing has happened to me yet!", just remember not all virus/RATs etc have symptoms that people will notice.

6 hours ago, Hagus said:

And isn't there some sort of catch, like a virus?

This varies from creator to creator. Can be anything from genuinely wanting to share minecraft with the world, to using your PC to mine cryptocurrency, getting paid by adware etc
Can be an endless amount of reasons really, one of which the creator(s) may or may not honestly share with you.

Regardless, this will stay locked, as it is against the rules to discuss these sorts of things. However since you seemed uneasy and wanted to be safe, I wrote the above for you.
Stay safe. 👮‍♂️