Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I thought I'd try to recreate this optical illusion I was one time and it turned out pretty good I guess

It's supposed to spin in both directions depending on how your brain perceives it.

https://imgur.com/MFCwDQ8

It wouldn't embed for some reason but I hope you find this as interesting

as I did (If it's not working, just keep the gif in your peripheral vision and then close your eyes and open them. Worked for me.)

Edited by Nerdinq

2 minutes ago, Ninja Dino said:

I see no illusion.

Or is not seeing the illusion supposed to be the illusion?

Okay, just glance away from the screen with the gif still in your peripheral, then close your eyes and think about it spinning the other way. Open them with the gif still in your peripheral and it should appear to be spinning the other way. Repeat the process and it will go back to normal. I hope...

1 hour ago, Nerdinq said:

Okay, just glance away from the screen with the gif still in your peripheral, then close your eyes and think about it spinning the other way. Open them with the gif still in your peripheral and it should appear to be spinning the other way. Repeat the process and it will go back to normal. I hope...

I SEE IT

1 hour ago, Nerdinq said:

It doesn't work for me, im pretty sure this is called the twirling girl illusion.

53 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

What you failed to do is to make it an ortographical view. We can perceive depth in the gif so we know which direction it rotates. Adjust the camera FOV to 1 and it'll work better. 

Thanks, I'll try that

On 7/31/2018 at 6:53 PM, Skjold said:

Doesn't work for me. You can simply just track the bottom of the feet.

I can easily flip the direction with the original illusion, but I just can't with this. Trust me, I've tried.

Same here.