Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A project that I started over a year and a half ago is finally released. This was supposed to be the intro to some series, but I lost the script and the motivation to make it. You'll notice patches of different quality due to the fact that it was made intermittently over a long period of time. Since this was more of a visual effects video, there is no story or plot. It's just fighting that doesn't make sense.

I would like constructive criticism on the animation or visual effects.

Thank you.

Map
Lemon-Fox: Gothic Castle

Music
Kasger: Reflections

Rigs
SKIBBZ Advanced Player Rig
toaster1

Sound
freesfx.co.uk
freesound.org: 132929__cksned__explosion-and-rubble-debris
Dan "Pepper" Loeb

Software
Audacity
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Aftereffects CC

Why does everyone use those crap keyframe presets?

also the human and camera movements were very unnatural. Add some realism, please?

The lighting was kinda bad. The only thing lighting the place was the sword.

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

also the human and camera movements were very unnatural. Add some realism, please?

The Movements are not that bad actually if he/she were to use realistic transitions it'd ruin the actual fight animation, And the lighting is the main point of the animation it's pretty much about some random girl fighting a bunch of dudes because she can (but yes the lighting needs some work boi)

Ontopic: Nice Poses, Not so smooth but those poses reminds me of cazakoja's fighting pose stuff

The Camera Angles is fine but needs work, great job tho

It isn't bad, it's just not good either. (which in it of itself is even more impressive)

The final fight scene reminded me oddly of Monty Oum (which is one of the biggest compliments I think you can give to a fighting animation)

15 hours ago, Netherall Brimstone said:

The lighting could use some improvement, but this is pretty good!

Edit: Is she using her sword as a wand? Those spells sound like they come from Harry Potter :3 :3

Yeah, I kinda just parented a point light to the character and let that be. I've always enjoyed seeing the physical aspect of combat (weapons and punching) combined with magic. As for the sound effects, all of the magic stuff is from Pepper.

I haven't gotten into the habit of spacing out keyframes and staggering movements. Everything is just walls of frames, so I just used the preset transitions to avoid linear stuff. I'm still using a walk and run cycle I made about a year and a half ago, and I don't know too much about camera movement. I just try to apply the rule of thirds and focus on the action. I've also taken to adding camera shake in Aftereffects to make the camera move a bit more, I don't know if it helps or not.

The Movements are not that bad actually if he/she were to use realistic transitions it'd ruin the actual fight animation, And the lighting is the main point of the animation it's pretty much about some random girl fighting a bunch of dudes because she can (but yes the lighting needs some work boi)

Ontopic: Nice Poses, Not so smooth but those poses reminds me of cazakoja's fighting pose stuff

The Camera Angles is fine but needs work, great job tho

So I was pretty lazy in doing the lighting, which is part of why it's so bad, but it's also because I don't really know how to do more than just dropping a point light in and playing around with color. I like posing, but I'm working on employing the line-of-action technique. It's a bit difficult with minecraft because of the limited flexibility of the limbs as well as the fact that I found out about this recently. I don't know too much about camera angles and movement other than the rule of thirds.

It isn't bad, it's just not good either. (which in it of itself is even more impressive)

The final fight scene reminded me oddly of Monty Oum (which is one of the biggest compliments I think you can give to a fighting animation)

I've been told I'm very good at being average. 

And yes, I completely agree that being compared to Monty Oum in a positive manner is like being given a performance of Bohemian Rhapsody by the actual Freddie Mercury backed by a choir of angels.

14 minutes ago, HeYoNia said:

Sometimes linear is the best for fighting animations

Unless you use folder

Since some transitions does some sht that isn't appealing to a fighting movement

Linear is never good for natural movement.

14 hours ago, NerdCouncil said:

And yes, I completely agree that being compared to Monty Oum in a positive manner is like being given a performance of Bohemian Rhapsody by the actual Freddie Mercury backed by a choir of angels.

and Zweilous dabbing in the background

On 7/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, 9redwoods said:

Linear is never good for natural movement.

true, but when I made that backflip with the arc, the body, legs, and arms were all linear. Its just too fast for you to register

if the fighting is fast, then linear is okay, for slower paced animations, linear is way too noticable.

Ontopic: I actually really liked the concept of this. Maybe just a bit less robotic, but it seems really cool!