Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I took an old poster save of mine and decided to tweak/update it a little bit, this is the end result:

PPfIe8E.png
Made in MI, edited in Photoshop.

Things to note that I dislike about this poster:

• The original wallpaper is old, I only tweaked some small details, this whole wallpaper is 2 years old by now
  • The building could've been better detailed
  • There could've been more props around (corpses, weaponry, etc)
  • The characters involved could've made more sense, the engineer was a joke but it feels out of place.
  • I could've worked more around lighting, I didn't because I wanted to work with those light-rays effects from the windows

Feedback is appreciated! Even if its a rather old project :P

Edited by ArcAngela
Added better description of what I dislike about this poster myself.

1 minute ago, Slime said:

Seriously, Nice work! I can see what you mean by the building needed more work, some cracked stone bricks and andesite would help a lot. But the wallpaper was really well made!

Thank you! I also disliked the use of Quartz, cause I took this throne room from a build of mine waaay back and in that build the usage of quartz made sense, but in this wallpaper it was supposed to feel more like a rustic throne room, so Logs would do a way better job than Quartz.

I didn't update the build cause I extracted it from a world at first, so it would be a pain to build the throne room from scratch again and try to position it perfectly with the current one that was loaded into MI.

Just now, ArcAngela said:

Thank you! I also disliked the use of Quartz, cause I took this throne room from a build of mine waaay back and in that build the usage of quartz made sense, but in this wallpaper it was supposed to feel more like a rustic throne room, so Logs would do a way better job than Quartz.

I didn't update the build cause I extracted it from a world at first, so it would be a pain to build the throne room from scratch again and try to position it perfectly with the current one that was loaded into MI.

I know how that feels. You build something in the past that you liked then, then go back to it and regret making it the way you did. I could help you out with some schematics if you want.

My favorite part about this wallpaper is the queen sitting on her throne. The way that this character is totally relaxed whilst being surrounded by corpses and the remains of what looked like a big fight gives off the impression that she has a dominant personality, which fits her because she's a queen, is calm and calculating, and is very cold emotionally. This wallpaper just shows so much about this character, and I really felt like pointing it out because it's not very common to see this kind of characterization in wallpapers on these forums. Much praise for that.

As for improvements for this wallpaper, I would say that the camera could use some work. Since this scene seems to be very tense with the dead bodies and such, the camera should give off an unsettling feel. For example a wide DOF, and a slight dutch angle would make the feeling for this scene a whole lot better. Also lowering the camera closer to the ground while pointing it at the queen making it so that she seems higher up than us would make her feel a lot more intimidating.

6 hours ago, Ninja Dino said:

My favorite part about this wallpaper is the queen sitting on her throne. The way that this character is totally relaxed whilst being surrounded by corpses and the remains of what looked like a big fight gives off the impression that she has a dominant personality, which fits her because she's a queen, is calm and calculating, and is very cold emotionally. This wallpaper just shows so much about this character, and I really felt like pointing it out because it's not very common to see this kind of characterization in wallpapers on these forums. Much praise for that.

As for improvements for this wallpaper, I would say that the camera could use some work. Since this scene seems to be very tense with the dead bodies and such, the camera should give off an unsettling feel. For example a wide DOF, and a slight dutch angle would make the feeling for this scene a whole lot better. Also lowering the camera closer to the ground while pointing it at the queen making it so that she seems higher up than us would make her feel a lot more intimidating.

Thanks for noticing! I tend to give detail to wallpapers so most of them feel like they have some sort of story behind it, in this case, the Queen Returned and is taking back the crown (by force).

If you also notice, there's a story around it, she first took down the archer with one of his arrows, used him to take down the engineer with arrows before he activated the TNT, and finished off the warrior with a shovel :3

On terms of the camera, I do agree that I could've improved more, but I recall having issues with lowering the camera because that would make it difficult for you to see the corpses and understand whats really going on, and even more the queen (since she's sitting back on a throne, so a ground-view wouldn't show her completely as the throne could hide part of her).

But I do feel like it could've been way better if I tried to make so the camera was the view of a soldier on the floor instead, about to pass-out, and looking at her as she's sitting on her throne, thank you for the idea! I might go back to this project some day to try this out.

Edited by ArcAngela

This is great. It reminds of my Dungeons and Dragons campaigns. ⚔️⛪?

10 hours ago, ArcAngela said:

Things to note that I dislike about this poster:

• The original wallpaper is old, I only tweaked some small details, this whole wallpaper is 2 years old by now
  • The building could've been better detailed
  • There could've been more props around (corpses, weaponry, etc)
  • The characters involved could've made more sense, the engineer was a joke but it feels out of place.
  • I could've worked more around lighting, I didn't because I wanted to work with those light-rays effects from the windows.

I don't know why you are so hard on yourself. This is perfect❤️

You should make more wallpapers like this.