Sword Test 1# | Trying to be DarkDragon lol

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I made this because I was trying to be like DarkDragon: It isn't too bad, but It's not as good as I wanted D:.
Anyway, the sword is an antotimu sword, from the Everworld. The antotimu are evil skeletal creatures, they are corrupt copies of what were originaly supposed to be a guardian.
The Antotimu spread corruption over the Everworld, causing other creatures to be corrupt as well; changing into something else.

Spoiler

The overall smoothness is nice but I suggest you work more on weight. Most of the movements were quite quick with no build up causing it to lack any weight. The jump needs to have some sort of movement before it to show the effort put into the jump and how heavy the character is. The spinning was nice however and the sword tracers looked cool.

I agree with @DarkDragonPro, I believe you need to exaggerate the crouching down of the jump to make sense of the heigth of the flip. Also, if you can, try to make his arms spin in the opposite direction before the flip so we know where he gets the momentum from the spin. Still a really cool animation

Edited by Nerdinq
Not nice enough

I think it needs a bit more movement in the body and arms. Also, the pauses between the sword swings r nom existent, try putting like two frames of recoil after swinging a sword. 

Orher than that, looks great!

On 7/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, DuallyElemental said:

I think it needs a bit more movement in the body and arms. Also, the pauses between the sword swings r nom existent, try putting like two frames of recoil after swinging a sword. 

Orher than that, looks great!

Flow is the most important when making fighting, making to slow of a pause or an ease out would've ruined the rythm.

2 hours ago, Super Solomob 422 said:

Flow is the most important when making fighting, making to slow of a pause or an ease out would've ruined the rythm.

True, but doesn’t he need to breath? I’m not saying every step or swing, but just some tiny recoil, like when he jumps into the air.

One of the twelve principles of animation is anticipation, I think using that here would make the jump look like it cost more effort and look cooler.

Also, I agree with @Skjold, the jump needs more airtime.