Baryonyx rig preview (Jurassic World Ver.)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

ZoCZ7hC.png

Hello guys! A new dinosaur rig!

I uploaded it's trailer some days ago, and finally it is complete!

It is Baryonyx (design is based on Jurassic World: Fallen kingdom).

It's name means 'heavy claw', and they usually ate fish on their period.

s0hgHRh.png

It is the last dinosaur of my second dinosaur pack, and it's release will be soon!

I will share them after making it's skin which is based on design of Jurassic World.

Anyway, how do you think about this rig?

Jesus, it looks amazing! Seems very posable, I cannot wait till you release this rig pack! 

Also, since we're talking about spinosaurids wouldn't it be cool if you made the Spinosaurus from the third movie with this same amazing style? Not so many of those on the forums, just a suggestion. 

Great work! 

8 hours ago, -StickyMations- said:

Jesus, it looks amazing! Seems very posable, I cannot wait till you release this rig pack! 

Also, since we're talking about spinosaurids wouldn't it be cool if you made the Spinosaurus from the third movie with this same amazing style? Not so many of those on the forums, just a suggestion. 

Great work! 

Making spinosaurus rig is in my plans, but sadly it would be made much later.

6 hours ago, Skjold said:

This looks absolutely incredible!

My only problem is the teeth and spikes on the back. They should be more blocky like the rest of the rig.

Thx for your feedback!

About the spikes on the back, I wanted to make it feels like back of an alligator.

And about teeth, I thought it would be better to make it sharp.

I will consider about them.

10 hours ago, Gripia said:

Making spinosaurus rig is in my plans, but sadly it would be made much later.

Thx for your feedback!

About the spikes on the back, I wanted to make it feels like back of an alligator.

And about teeth, I thought it would be better to make it sharp.

I will consider about them.

I'm not saying the sharp teeth are bad in any way. In fact, it looks quite good. It's just that it sometimes clashes with the style of an animation. Maybe try making 2 versions of your future rigs? One with the more detailed features and another that's blocky

1 hour ago, Skjold said:

I'm not saying the sharp teeth are bad in any way. In fact, it looks quite good. It's just that it sometimes clashes with the style of an animation. Maybe try making 2 versions of your future rigs? One with the more detailed features and another that's blocky

I think it is a very good idea, but could you please show me some examples, or explanations of blocky ones?

Edited by Gripia

50 minutes ago, Gripia said:

I think it is a very good idea, but could you please show me some examples, or explanations of blocky ones?

See the body of the dinosaur? It's (pretty much) all the same voxel size.

Rigs where all parts have the same voxel size usually look the best.