[RESULTS] Mine-imator Forums Survey (July 2018)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

z9wQU4O.png

Hello hello!

Welcome back! The results for the recent survey I did are in with a total of 40 different responses! There's some juicy stuff in here, so get ready for a wall of text because I'll be going way in-depth. Grab some popcorn and a friend, and let's jump straight into it.

First of all, the statistics.

wOtg1XY.png

The average time to complete it was 12 minutes, and I'm glad that was twice as long as I expected since I wanted you to take your time and read carefully. 2 people started but didn't finish. Jerks. (jk luv ya <3) There were 40 total people who actually took the survey.

When did you join the forums?

Spoiler

vcCri04.png

There's a surprising number of 2016'ers out there. I dunno, I think it's interesting. A majority of those who took the survey joined in the earliest group, 2014 and lower. However, the second largest demographic was from the newest group. By the way, if we combined 2015 and 2016's numbers, it would be 14, making it the second highest group. I'm honestly not too surprised with these numbers. It's a pretty even split, which should be good for later questions.

Do you consider yourself a newbie?

Spoiler

2015:

OgQCHa8.png

2016:

wltntlf.png

2017-2018:

GM235Tb.png

I thought this one was extremely interesting. Of course, I expected the numbers for yes to rise as we went down the line, but I thought the near perfect split for the newest group was fascinating. By the way, it's worth mentioning that on the first question, 5 people said 2015, 9 said 2016, and 11 said 2017-2018. However, this question had 7 answers for 2015, 10 for 2016, and 13 for 2017-2018. Dudes, don't answer questions y'ain't supposed to answer. y'all be shenaniganizing.

Oop, just realized I had accidentally taken a screenshot while my mouse was moused over the Yes option on 2017-2018. Too late to fix now!

How did you find out about Mine-imator?

Spoiler

Bzq4vL3.png

Other:

VjOlfcx.png

Oh boy, quite the mix over here. So it seems the majority were brought here because they were looking for a Minecraft animation program. The second biggest group was brought to Mine-imator by a YouTuber, the third biggest stumpled on a Mine-imator creation and looked into it, and then finally found it without looking for Minecraft specifically. Not much to say about this one, it's pretty much what I expected. Except, however, how many people found the program by just searching for an animation program, and not a Minecraft-specific program, and still stuck around on the forums to take this survey. It would be cool if I could correlate these decisions with when they joined the forums, but that's unfortunately just not possible (it doesn't let me see what specific session voted for each option). Cool stuff though.

How did you find out about the forums?

Spoiler

SU7OFFe.png

From inside Mine-imator:

SZkdEyR.png

Over half of those that took the survey found the forums from within Mine-imator, and most of those people found it through a button on the main menu. I find the fact that 3 people said inside a bug report when I don't think there actually is a link inside the bug reports. I may be wrong here, though. Haven't had a crash in a while (which, let's be honest. is pretty surprising). The second biggest group of people found the forums from a link on the MI website, which I expected. And then just 2 people were brought by friends, and only a single person was brought by another website. I pretty much expected this.

Do you actually use Mine-imator?

Spoiler

uTV1MPc.png

This is pretty close to what I expected. over 12% actually don't use Mine-imator.

What do you use Mine-imator for?

Spoiler

u1QZQMA.png

Other:

doRJRjq.png

People above all else make wallpapers. Second is animations, third is rigs. And I guess everyone who put "all of the above" in Other didn't realize that you could just select every option? Like, I said in the question that you could select multiple things. I don't know, maybe there's some way I could've made that clearer. Anyway, cool stuff.

What do you use the forums for?

Spoiler

E8CtC2V.png

Other:

SsCEJhy.png

Can't say I'm surprised about the second option, but I did expect at least one.

If "Share my creations" means "share animations, rigs, wallpapers, and etc."

Don't know what else I'd be referring to! :)

Good stuff though.

When a new user posts a rig that looks pretty bad, what do you do?

Spoiler

m43LnHp.png

I can't help but think at least some of the people who chose the biggest option are lying. I dunno. Glad to see it's the biggest option though. I expected Don't say anything to be the second biggest. Good stuff all around.

Do you keep in touch with people from the forums outside the forums?

Spoiler

fUB20Cg.png

Apparently most forumers keep in touch with fellow forumers outside the forums. I think this is actually kind of cool that the forums brought people closer like that.

And now, for some quote questions. If you're getting sick of pie charts you're gonna LOVE THIS.

Spoiler

"You shouldn't post anything from that game, we don't like that game here."

Spoiler

Hateful?

QmNkYuh.png

Helpful?

ZMjPO09.png

"The lighting is bad, and the movements are clunky. Don't use linear."

Spoiler

Hateful?

JFHP8kp.png

Helpful?

tV6wRjr.png

"The lighting could be better, and the movements could also be less clunky. I would recommend using a transition other than linear. Just mess around with them and find what works best."

Spoiler

Hateful?

u9IyyGp.png

Helpful?

bBwVTW7.png

"This isn't the worst for someone as new as you. The lighting is okay but I would recommend making it better by making them a lot darker, and adding more of them around their face. I would also give them a bit of a red color. Another thing is that the movement of the character would be a bit better if you were to go into Keyframe in the options and pick a transition other than linear. I think that could really make it better."

Spoiler

Hateful?

ixpmHvO.png

Helpful?

Q3HeFXA.png

"I like it."

Spoiler

Helpful?

cO7C5vK.png

Is there anything you're tired of seeing on the forums?

Spoiler

Bgot5Fn.png

LCyzOfm.png

If you use Mine-imator, why do you use it instead of other alternatives, such as Blender or C4D?

Spoiler

djSdHP6.png

wBmzxpY.png

aNOBP1C.png

Overwhelmingly, the general consensus is that it's a lot easier to use than other programs. Price is also a big part.

Do you actually play Minecraft?

Spoiler

a6O1tpe.png

This is what I expected, but I don't know if it's what others expected. Interesting stuff over here.

Do you judge people based on how much rep they have?

Spoiler

4Gej5vY.png^Goodness gracious.

h8XTypE.png

wCR0S4K.png

QUxqiXW.png

How inviting to newcomers would you say the forums are?

Spoiler

abPsiRK.png

The average is 2.74 stars.

That's a big oof, with no 5 star ratings and an average of below 3 stars.

How comfortable do you feel on the forums?

Spoiler

vfLz4li.png

The average is 3.94 stars.

This is much better than last question, with about 4 stars average.

How much would you say the forums like you personally?

Spoiler

uYsqhbL.png

The average is 3.16 stars.

So I guess most people are kind of in the middle about it.

How good, overall, do you think the forums are for sharing and looking at creations?

Spoiler

cEMR0hJ.png1bcf0jc.png

(The numbers at the top of the columns are how many votes it got, not what number was voted. I know, it's an extremely confusing graph and I wish I could change it without subscribing to the Pro version)

The average is 7.31.

If you could describe Mine-imator in one word, what would it be?

Spoiler

txGh4FA.png1fBoe4Z.pngvtGTjpM.png

If you could describe the forums in one word, what would it be?

Spoiler

yLQ71qX.png

LIn4Mxk.png

RVnbcUq.png

Why do you still visit the forums?

Spoiler

pZAXO7u.png

VMVtmRd.png

uYVY5JB.png

Phew! That's the end of it. The next 2 are opinions on the survey itself, and some final words that weren't taken seriously at all. Check 'em out.

How much did you like the survey?

Spoiler

LZ5bHIY.png

The average is 4.42 stars.

Aww, thanks!

Anything else you'd like to say?

Spoiler

zgzDVmr.png

i7jlQMe.png

8UwOIKz.png

The criticisms given were valid. I see now the one-word descriptions didn't give much in return for the effort taken to answer them. And I suppose I'll use more professional wording in the future.

Well, that concludes the July 2018 survey! You made it to the end of all the pie charts!

I hope there were some interesting tidbits in there. I thought a lot of your responses were pretty cool.

I hope to do another one next year given the success of this one! Happy foruming, everybody! Cheers!

:popcorn:

Edited by Rollo
made it more tidy

a staggering 84% of unsurveyed people said they would never partake in a survey, and if they were to participate in a survey, they would give out false information to sabotage the results

Edited by ThatGuyBrian

"Is there anything you're tired of seeing on the forums?"

"Ethan"

I snorted. Nothing against him just the bluntness of the response was funny.

Also you people who voted above a 3 for how welcoming we are know y'all are lieing.

Edited by JjCinemas

I love how on the "Is there anything you're tired of seeing on the forums?" question two people straight up called out specific users. Either the people saying those things genuinely do not like those members, or they ARE those members and they're making an ironic joke. I can't help but feel like it's the formal though. Made me laugh.

Edited by Ninja Dino

I do not want to sound out of topic but I feel that the new ones in the community are burned by how they were treated at the beginning and that now they download hatred towards other people giving a low rep to some users.

Well, speaking of the survey as such, very interesting the numbers, I can satisfactorily say that this type of survey have a success in the forum, very good job Rollo :thumbsup:

It's such a cool thing to see a lot of feedback coming from the community. I'm glad people were this open to participate in the survey and share their opinions, gotta admit, there some pretty interesting answers in here... and the fact that we don't know who posted what makes it better. 

1 hour ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

Wait a second, who is tired of seeing me?! Seriously though if you have a problem with me feel free to talk to me.

Actually:

ZZFeAgO.png

No worries m8, but I do feel like there is more than one who dislikes you.

he's KaryuGraphics btw, cool dude.

Edited by -StickyMations-

36 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Actually:

ZZFeAgO.png

No worries m8, but I do feel like there is more than one who dislikes you.

he's KaryuGraphics btw, cool dude.

Oh alright. I know people don’t like me and I really dont care, but I would like them to contact me if they have a problem with me.