The Wacky Adventures Of Steve : Ep 1 (A Minecraft Series)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Not gonna lie, the last part made me laugh. This was pretty good, but there are areas for improvement like:

-You use the elastic camera movements too much. They're good for some shots but in this it was overused and out of place some of the times.

-Decrease the DOF blur size, when it's too strong it's unappealing to the eye.

-The camera shaking was too powerful. Don't get me wrong, a slight camera shake is great for casual and comedic scenes like this, but it was swaying so much it felt like I was in a ship at sea.

-The lighting feels off when mixed the rest of the scenery. The sky and clouds are telling me that it's the middle of the day, but the lighting tells me that it's early morning. The darkness of the light and shadows could be turned down a little bit and it would make the animation look a lot better.

Overall these are common mistakes that are made by other animators, and fixing them now will make your creations improve in quality really fast. I can tell by this animation that you have a lot of potential.

9 hours ago, Ninja Dino said:

Not gonna lie, the last part made me laugh. This was pretty good, but there are areas for improvement like:

-You use the elastic camera movements too much. They're good for some shots but in this it was overused and out of place some of the times.

-Decrease the DOF blur size, when it's too strong it's unappealing to the eye.

-The camera shaking was too powerful. Don't get me wrong, a slight camera shake is great for casual and comedic scenes like this, but it was swaying so much it felt like I was in a ship at sea.

-The lighting feels off when mixed the rest of the scenery. The sky and clouds are telling me that it's the middle of the day, but the lighting tells me that it's early morning. The darkness of the light and shadows could be turned down a little bit and it would make the animation look a lot better.

Overall these are common mistakes that are made by other animators, and fixing them now will make your creations improve in quality really fast. I can tell by this animation that you have a lot of potential.

Point taken. Thanks alot for the constructive criticism. I will try my best to right all the wrongs I made in this episode and hopefully don't repeat them again.But, there's one thing I don't understand

can you explain to me how to create an "early morning" lighting ?

also, glad you enjoyed it !

7 hours ago, Emaniplex said:

Very nice; a genuine film.  :D

Oh hi there Emaniplex! such a pleasure reading your comment here ?

Edited by JB Animations