Dev update #13: 1.2 feature gallery

2 hours ago, Swift said:

I think the new bending is way better, we can easily make better movements, more realistic movements, and more. Please don't bring back the old bending, if you do a button to toggle it would be nice.

I think they meant the sharp bending

Too be Honest with you guys, maybe you should also add some easier features for those who want The sharp bending and what not, plus the new body bending is kinda off, maybe you can make it optional to make it pinch, round, or sharp, just suggesting

19 hours ago, JB Animations said:

I think it's safe to say this is the biggest update mine imator has ever had. I think shall call this "An Editor's Dream" Update ?

I'm pretty sure the last one was bigger

8 hours ago, hiendiep55 said:

The bloom is much better than last time

I think they just fiddled with it to make it look better in that specific image

4 minutes ago, Ramiere said:

I'm pretty sure the last one was bigger

the which one??

9 hours ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

I keep coming back to this page to look at these pictures...I did the same with 1.1.0....help me....

your not the only one out there ?

Edited by JB Animations

5 hours ago, _BlueAsyl said:

Optional feature: Sharp bending ??

Ontopic: Can't wait!!

3 hours ago, AntTheGamer said:

Too be Honest with you guys, maybe you should also add some easier features for those who want The sharp bending and what not, plus the new body bending is kinda off, maybe you can make it optional to make it pinch, round, or sharp, just suggesting

Read all my previous replies to the topic to find out why this is not possible.

6 hours ago, BladerInc said:

If you don’t mind why did you have to scrap up the specular lighting *but plz make it into much more detail*

While adding the specular highlight wasn't hard in itself, adding specular maps to control what parts of a texture is more shiny, was. Mine-imator's current texturing system is already split into different sections(Block sheets, skins, ect.) making adding material textures to mix even more confusing and complicated. This doesn't mean adding them is impossible, but since 1.2's release is forced to be shortly after 1.13, we don't have the time now to focus on rather big features, though I also can't comment on whether or not the texturing system will be remade in the future to help support specular maps in a less confusing way since it is quite an ambitious task.

Forget the old bending, everyone. It's not gonna come back at the expense of more bending axis and other reasons pointed out, we must accept our fate my fellow comrades. ? The only logical path to victory as of now is to suggest a graphical tweak so it looks less disgusting to the eye, unless they have already something like that on the works. 

For now, let's enjoy these sweet, sweet new features.?

1 hour ago, -StickyMations- said:

Forget the old bending, everyone. It's not gonna come back at the expense of more bending axis and other reasons pointed out, we must accept our fate my fellow comrades. ? The only logical path to victory as of now is to suggest a graphical tweak so it looks less disgusting to the eye, unless they have already something like that on the works. 

For now, let's enjoy these sweet, sweet new features.?

Sorry for the loss Sticky. But, your right. It is what it is ?

12 minutes ago, JB Animations said:

It is what it is ?

Well if we are not happy for what it is we do have the right to demand better. I bet they will improve it for a better look, I'm still amazed at these GORGEOUS new features and even if the new bending kind of feels like the little pebble in your shoe, I guess it's now absolutely worth it to upgrade and not stay in older versions. 

Edited by -StickyMations-

Just now, -StickyMations- said:

Well if we are not happy for what it is we do have the right to demand better. I bet they will improve it, I'm still amazed at these GORGEOUS new features and even if the new bending kind of feels like the little pebble in your shoe, I guess it's now absolutely worth it to upgrade and not stay in older versions. 

True. it'll totally beat the fact that we have to use other editing softwares just to add bloom.

7 hours ago, Nimi said:

While adding the specular highlight wasn't hard in itself, adding specular maps to control what parts of a texture is more shiny, was. Mine-imator's current texturing system is already split into different sections(Block sheets, skins, ect.) making adding material textures to mix even more confusing and complicated. This doesn't mean adding them is impossible, but since 1.2's release is forced to be shortly after 1.13, we don't have the time now to focus on rather big features, though I also can't comment on whether or not the texturing system will be remade in the future to help support specular maps in a less confusing way since it is quite an ambitious task.

So you saying that specular light has issues with both textures like what we insert (realism textures) and items? Btw how’s Inverse kinematics going lmao

10 minutes ago, BladerInc said:

So you saying that specular light has issues with both textures like what we insert (realism textures) and items? Btw how’s Inverse kinematics going lmao

I never said I was adding IK?

On 7/2/2018 at 12:54 AM, Nimi said:

Hello Mine-imator users! Today I have some important and exciting news concerning the next update..

Edit: Blocky bending for arms/legs

ee9752ee7f0204dda0af28b05e37ff61.gif

On 7/2/2018 at 10:26 PM, Dannyboi said:

Read all my previous replies to the topic to find out why this is not possible.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:23 AM, Dannyboi said:

The old bending can't be added back as that'd remove the ability to bend in multiple axes and that'd result in models needing to drop data for non-single axis bends.

Yay sharp bends!