Dev update #13: 1.2 feature gallery

4 hours ago, JB Animations said:

I think it's safe to say this is the biggest update mine imator has ever had. I think shall call this "An Editor's Dream" Update ?

In reality, the GMS2 update was probably the biggest. It required the entirety of MI to be ported to an update of its engine and the way it handled models changed. Still, this is a big update for people concerned about making animations look glow-y.

1 hour ago, Tysteria said:

Bring back the old bending and costume biome back 
(Edit I mean the old arm bends btw)

3 minutes ago, Weirdest said:

can it have the old bending

The old bending can't be added back as that'd remove the ability to bend in multiple axes and that'd result in models needing to drop data for non-single axis bends.

3 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

In reality, the GMS2 update was probably the biggest. It required the entirety of MI to be ported to an update of its engine and the way it handled models changed. Still, this is a big update for people concerned about making animations look glow-y.

The old bending can't be added back as that'd remove the ability to bend in multiple axes and that'd result in models needing to drop data for non-single axis bends.

Or you could just add an option to enable/disable it. 

Just now, carstonia said:

Or you could just add an option to enable/disable it. 

Not really, that'd make an even bigger mess with the model format. Some models needing to be formatted for multiple bends and some needing to be formatted for single bends. It'd probably be even messier than just re-adding the old bending.

1 minute ago, Dannyboi said:

Not really, that'd make an even bigger mess with the model format. Some models needing to be formatted for multiple bends and some needing to be formatted for single bends. It'd probably be even messier than just re-adding the old bending.

Only reason I asked is because if you have fingers on your rig, they are all weird, especially if you have the PixelFrosty-style fingers, considering most people don't like having the fingers rounded. If it won't happen, it won't happen, and that's fine.

6 minutes ago, Weirdest said:

Only reason I asked is because if you have fingers on your rig, they are all weird, especially if you have the PixelFrosty-style fingers, considering most people don't like having the fingers rounded. If it won't happen, it won't happen, and that's fine.

You could try making blocky fingers by using two cubes and rotating the top one as the bottom one scales, if you understand what I mean. Somebody demonstrated it on the Discord once.

Just now, Demonwarrior42 said:

can you put an option to increase/decrease the scale of like the upperhalf/lowerhalf of a body part so lets say you decrease the x scale of the lowerhalf of a body it gives that waist look

(if thats possible)

No, Mine-Imator is supposed to be an animation program for Minecraft and although this is possible, it isn't a feature of Minecraft itself or a feature typically seen in a 3D graphical toolset (lights and whatnot, all needed to create a scene) and thus it will not be implemented.

One probably useful feature would be to make only certain parts of glowing blocks glow, such as the end of a torch instead of the whole thing or the inside of the redstone lamp but not the frame.

1 minute ago, Dion said:

When is it out?

7 hours ago, Nimi said:

The next update is still planned for release after Minecraft 1.13 with its accompanying mobs and blocks, so in the meantime, happy animating!

Dude, can you actually add a feature under the "Render Settings" or "Graphics" tab to enable classic bends? I still miss those blocky rigid bends. ? ?

2 hours ago, Weirdest said:

I mean you could use @Hexical Brine hand rig, I use it and it's really nice

Just now, jailrush said:

Dude, can you actually add a feature under the "Render Settings" or "Graphics" tab to enable classic bends? I still miss those blocky rigid bends. ? ?

2 hours ago, Dannyboi said:

I for one am fine with the bends cuz the body bends are really nice and I don't really mind the arm bends, I am just waiting for the bloom and the glowing things 

Edited by Mr.Matt

1 minute ago, Dannyboi said:

Aw poopie, that'd mean I would have to use old versions. It's a neat idea though. (Maybe rigid bends could be a feature.)