Animatronic short

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

First of all: congratulations on your first music short. :)

Second of all: Your animations seem a bit too choppy. I know from personal experience that looking up reference material is a good idea. All I can really say is keep practicing, and keep up the good work!

Third: If people give you hate just because you use a franchise that is "Dead", ignore them. You like what you like and nobody can change that.

11 minutes ago, Agentsecret24 said:

Second of all: Your animations seem a bit too choppy. I know from personal experience that looking up reference material is a good idea. All I can really say is keep practicing, and keep up the good work!

Third: If people give you hate just because you use a franchise that is "Dead", ignore them. You like what you like and nobody can change that.

Thankyou Fad is just what I like and just because its ded doesn't mean I cant post.

Not too big a fan of fad. The characters and jump scares I hate the most. And people talk about it so much because there’s nothing else to talk about. The animation was pretty good for a starter, but try different transitions. I made test projects to see how different key frames would work, and how I could combine them.

18 minutes ago, Agentsecret24 said:

Yes... Yes somebody with a thought process that makes sense! 

If you're new to the piano, you should start with Mary Had a Little Lamb and not Beethoven.

This understandably poor-quality test animation looks a thousand times worse when it's about Fnesh. If you don't want to be treated like a clown, start in the beginner lane, not the intermediate lane.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:46 PM, Emaniplex said:

If you're new to the piano, you should start with Mary Had a Little Lamb and not Beethoven.

This understandably poor-quality test animation looks a thousand times worse when it's about Fnesh. If you don't want to be treated like a clown, start in the beginner lane, not the intermediate lane.

Pretty sure he didn't like that response, as he gave it a downrep. However, you've made a really good point and very good criticism. I totally agree with this as people like Supah.exe started out by making small animated shorts that were short and funny. He slowly moved onto fad as he got better at animation, and now he is at a point where his animations are good and can't be summed up by "ew, fad". However, he went straight to making fad animations which is a horrible thing to do. I would suggest to him practice a lot until he is better and then try moving on to fad animations and see how they look. If they still look bad, he should leave fad for a bit and practice basic animation more. Anyways, good reply. +1