Long Forgotten - Prologue (Fight Animation) Now Includes Alternate Ending! (Contains Blood)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that...

Just wanted to express my emotions!

Anyways, here is the official start to my new series Long Forgotten. Thanks to @WillesFilmz for doing the After Effects for me, I know it wouldn't look as best without him.

I've been wanting to do this for CaZaKoJa since the start of 2015, and well, I finally got it done for him as a gift to show how much he's inspired me to animate the last couple of years and I thought that this was the way to do it.

Spoiler

I hope you enjoy, and here is a bit of a Q@A for those questions.

Q: Why did you choose Frame of Mind when it's so overused?

A: Back in 2015 when I was trying to give inspiration for him for Reality and to possibly help him in other paths of life, I created a short test animation for him and it included the song. And, I though it would fit his character the most since before i learned more about Ati I thought he was a "Frame of Mind" for James.

Q: Why not use some actual scenery instead of the flatlands? Also, this is just a over edited reality ripoff!!

A: James in the animation as well in the series has a ability to make his dreams become Reality. And Since in the animation, he is in a CryoSleep and stuck in a dream I thought it would be a ideal way to have it on the flatlands if my character went into the dream. As for the Ripoff part.. the story that follows the Prologue or this part, has no connection to Reality besides this part. Their is no breakup or possession of my character via a demon entity of any kind.

Q: How long did this take?

A: Shorter than Expected to be honest. I started working on it in Late April, Early May and finished it this week. So, about a month or 2. The Animation part took around 4-6 weeks in total and the editing and rendering took the rest of the time.

That would be all, see you very soon and thank you!!

Here is a alternate ending for those who are curious (This ending seems a bit better in my opinion)

WARNING: CONTAINS BLOOD

Spoiler

Edited by MobKiller Animations
Added Alternate Ending

Okay, I have barely started the video but I already love how you used the Black Mesa OST for those beginning notes.   

Alright, here's my thoughts:

Pros:

-Well animated, and the camera work was exellent.

-Black Mesa OST.

-Neat story, I liked the ending.

-And the editing was nice but you didn't do it so you don't get credit for that.

Cons:

-During the actual fight Joel Nielsen's brilliant music was replaced by generic fight animation music.  

-barely any scenery what the hell fight animations you look so boring visually

Overall:  I liked the story and it was amazingly animated, but the lack of scenery held it back visually.

8/10 would black mesa ost again

Edited by EnderSculptor
added most of the comment

Haha, I love Black Mesa!!

4 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

Okay, I have barely started the video but I already love how you used the Black Mesa OST for those beginning notes.   

(I'll update this with my thoughts later)

I love the game also

15 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

Pros:

-Black Mesa OST.

-And the editing was nice but you didn't do it so you don't get credit for that.

Cons:

-During the actual fight Joel Nielsen's brilliant music was replaced by generic fight animation music.  

Overall:  I liked the story and it was amazingly animated, but the lack of scenery held it back visually.

Thanks for the review (I just love getting feedback by this)

For the Cons, I did a Q@A at the end of the animation for the music and scenery. But, I still get what you mean about the flatlands. In the actual series their won't be a episode with flatlands again. Not even in the far background, and I thought it would fit with James/Ati perfectly, and you can have almost no limitation to the camera angles as well.

2 hours ago, EnderSculptor said:

Pros:

-Black Mesa OST.

Cons:

Technically, I did the sound editing, text, and music editing. So, it's like a 40/60 (60 for Will's editing)

I like this, I'm mostly giving you an upvote for the effort and how well executed this is (movements, effects, particles, etc). But to be completely honest, here's some opinions:

- I don't honestly find the story interesting, there's not too much of it here because it's just a prologue but idk, I'm pointing that out anyway.

- It's not really original, we have already seen a ton of OP characters fighting OP characters with an unrelated dubstep song in the background.

- Some camera angles are a bit too "tedious" to watch.

- I'll admit that I ended up skiping some parts because it wasn't that interesting to see the overuse of slowmo and characters looking angry at eachother for 15 secs.

- The fighting moves are often interrupted by the slowmo.

- We kind of have already seen Cazakoja's character in this type of animation before, 5 times too.

- Maybe you should work a bit more on the dialogue with a more pleasant-to-look-at font, I would advise putting the dialogue in the frame itself and not down in the black bars.

Amazing work anyway! Even if the things I pointed out may make this less enjoyable to watch, it's still a very well done project.

Edited by -StickyMations-

1 minute ago, -StickyMations- said:

I like this, I'm mostly giving you an upvote for the effort and how well executed this is (movements, effects, particles, etc). But to be completely honest, here's some opinions:

- I don't honestly find the story interesting, there's not too much of it here because it's just a prologue but idk, I'm pointing that out anyway.

- It's not really original, we have already seen a ton of OP characters fighting OP characters with an unrelated dubstep song in the background.

- Some camera angles are a bit too "tedious" to watch.

- I'll admit that I ended up skiping some parts because it wasn't that interesting to see the overuse of slowmo and characters looking angry at eachother for 15 secs.

- The fighting moves are often interrupted by the slowmo.

- We kind of have already seen Cazakoja's character in this type of animation before, 5 times too.

- Maybe you should work a bit more on the dialogue with a more pleasant-to-look-at font, I would advise putting the dialogue in the frame itself and not down in the black bars.

Amazing work anyway! Even if the things I pointed out may make this less enjoyable to watch, it's still a very well done project.

Thanks for the input, I will definitely try to improve on the future animations and series in the future.