Shape transforming!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's completely irrelevant whether or not it was possible on the Sega Megadrive as most games operated graphics by drawing sets of pixels called sprites which were usually hand-drawn and displayed in succession to create the illusion of motion. You'd've just needed to draw a square, a round-ish square and a circle. Anybody can do that.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, OzFalcon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sega Genesis a game system that runs 16-bit games? Also it all depends on the limitations of GameMaker

It actually did run that, even tho it's old.

23 hours ago, Dannyboi said:

It's completely irrelevant whether or not it was possible on the Sega Megadrive as most games operated graphics by drawing sets of pixels called sprites which were usually hand-drawn and displayed in succession to create the illusion of motion. You'd've just needed to draw a square, a round-ish square and a circle. Anybody can do that.

That tech demo i was talking about with transforming shapes is not done with sprites, but with real time rendering tricks.