Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Now if your wondering what is Boolean it’s when you intersect a shape with another shape to get a cut or add , for example let’s have a cube and a sphere, I want the sphere to go Inside of the cube to make a new shape I’ll prefer a Negative which I when the sphere subtracts, ROBLOX Studio also has this feature and I believe with this new feature we can bring rigging to a whole new level, now before you say we have render depth, yes render depth is kinda Boolean however,for example u have a smaller cube u make it subtract with another ,a larger cube when u make the smaller cube transparency or alpha 1% (5% for Community build) and make the render depth -6 u see the sky now to fix this add a cube and make the render depth lower than -6. Then you can see it however it’s a waste of time doing that as it’s boring so, David does add Boolean we may see where makeing an object 1% alpha and render depth -6 and if it’s inside an object u can the see the larger obejct inside.

Edited by BladerInc

I thought 'Boolean' was a funny word and then totally misunderstood the rest of the post because I was too busy trying to formulate a good joke but I couldn't do any more than nonsense giggling. Thanks for the entertainment~

Have you tried maybe introducing images or videos to help provide more context or visualization so you can prove your points better to those who have absolute no idea what you are talking about?

3 minutes ago, KrisFirebolt said:

I thought 'Boolean' was a funny word and then totally misunderstood the rest of the post because I was too busy trying to formulate a good joke but I couldn't do any more than nonsense giggling. Thanks for the entertainment~

Have you tried maybe introducing images or videos to help provide more context or visualization so you can prove your points better to those who have absolute no idea what you are talking about?

U should search it up or find image on it

Just now, BladerInc said:

U should search it up or find image on it

Uhh - If you like the most vague Google Images search results possible which resemble nothing like what you were bringing up, sure why not? "Boolean data type & Boolean algebra," among charts and clip art. Also not the most useful reply one could give since its totally not helpful whatsoever to the original post. You may need to rethink that one a bit more since anything can mean anything at anytime at all down here in the big wide web. Maybe what you were suggesting is something not a lot of people would know about compared to a type of nerdy computer-related mathematics I literally never knew anything about until today. :P

28 minutes ago, KrisFirebolt said:

Uhh - If you like the most vague Google Images search results possible which resemble nothing like what you were bringing up, sure why not? "Boolean data type & Boolean algebra," among charts and clip art. Also not the most useful reply one could give since its totally not helpful whatsoever to the original post. You may need to rethink that one a bit more since anything can mean anything at anytime at all down here in the big wide web. Maybe what you were suggesting is something not a lot of people would know about compared to a type of nerdy computer-related mathematics I literally never knew anything about until today. :P

Hmmmmmmm it’s like how u make a nice smooth curve but in an easier fashion

29 minutes ago, KrisFirebolt said:

Actually scerw thatrealisn.png u see those windows Mine imater render Depth were used to make them, however the tress u see have to have a lower render depth than -6 as the render depth of those windows are -6 but for Boolean we can alter that as if u make the render depth of -6 for the windows u get to see those trees with no need to alter the treees render depth 

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

But you can already alter render depth...?

Did u not read what I said, yes u can however if u do this you’ll only see the sky inside of that object so I u have this Boolean u can easily change that by adding a curve or shape without adding anything

45E2AF2E-5C24-48D0-8CF2-CE6179D5184C.jpe

as u can see if I were to try this in Mine imater useing that render depth it wouldn’t work as it’ll pas right through the material and you’ll see the sky color but with Boolean u get that distinct shape

Just now, BladerInc said:

Did u not read what I said, yes u can however if u do this you’ll only see the sky inside of that object so I u have this Boolean u can easily change that by adding a curve or shape without adding anything

-snip-

as u can see if I were to try this in Mine imater useing that render depth it wouldn’t work as it’ll pas right through the material and you’ll see the sky color but with Boolean u get that distinct shape

I see what you mean. They way you described it before made it sound like what we have. Also grammatical errors.

This would be neat but it would also take a lot of resources. Mine-imator can only handle so many vertices, and booleans could be used to totally break the program.

2 minutes ago, Rollo said:

I see what you mean. They way you described it before made it sound like what we have. Also grammatical errors.

This would be neat but it would also take a lot of resources. Mine-imator can only handle so many vertices, and booleans could be used to totally break the program.

Not necessarily, a program called Roblox studio uses Boolean and it doesn’t lag the pc at all in fact it’s kinda like a smooth animation wont effect the render time at all (sometimes it can)

Edited by BladerInc

28 minutes ago, BladerInc said:

Not necessarily, a program called Roblox studio uses Boolean and it doesn’t lag the pc at all in fact it’s kinda like a smooth animation wont effect the render time at all (sometimes it can)

Roblox is written in Lua, which was built for 3d software. Mine-imator is built in GameMaker Studio, which was made for 2d software. It's honestly a miracle anything 3d can even be made in GML. It's not necessarily about lag, it's about how many resources the program needs to take up.

I may be wrong though, I didn't actually make the program so I don't know completely how it works.

Just now, Rollo said:

Roblox is written in Lua, which was built for 3d software. Mine-imator is built in GameMaker Studio, which was made for 2d software. It's honestly a miracle anything 3d can even be made in GML. It's not necessarily about lag, it's about how many resources the program needs to take up.

I may be wrong though, I didn't actually make the program so I don't know completely how it works.

Let’s hope your wrong as if it is we can take Mi rigging to a whole new level

10 hours ago, BladerInc said:

Let’s hope your wrong as if it is we can take Mi rigging to a whole new level

He might very well be correct. Booleans would theoretically be possible but a lot of existing algorithms are computationally expensive under normal circumstances so one can only imagine how they'd operate under GameMaker. Don't quote me on any of this as I have no previous experience with graphical booleans.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:47 PM, Dannyboi said:

He might very well be correct. Booleans would theoretically be possible but a lot of existing algorithms are computationally expensive under normal circumstances so one can only imagine how they'd operate under GameMaker. Don't quote me on any of this as I have no previous experience with graphical booleans.

UM, could you give me a better explanation (I just quoted you)

18 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

I asked for a better explanation, not a simpler one! I want the money that I donated to Mine-imator back (which is $0 by the way)!

Boolean algorithms (or at least the ones I know of) are intensive and would be unable to work performantly in MI.