How to get better at getting REP

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

null  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did this help you?

• no, everybody likes fad
    • yeah, actually loved these pro Q-Tips

1: Do NOT do F.N.A.F. (You will get hate)

2: Do not do cringe

3: Do some quality stuff, not bland animations with no scenery

4: Be good at foruming

5: Dont do fidget spinners

6: Use transitions in your animation to make it not robotic

28 minutes ago, OzFalcon said:

Number 6 doesn't make much sense / isn't specific enough, it's pretty much impossible to animate without transitions, linear counts as a transition. Number 2 and 4 are also very vague and aren't specific enough once again. Some may say you aren't even "qualified" to make a serious post such as this as you aren't exactly the role model of the forums, and are still guilty of doing these things. This post doesn't really feel like you trying to help out others with insightful tips and knowledge, but more like a "Hey I'm being helpful give rep ples". You were talking about ways to get rep with users yesterday and suddenly today decide to make multiple posts to be helpful? Alright...

wait what? i did this post again? did not notice

oh and i meant multiple transitions

2: not something that nobody likes

and 4: Be friendly

*Insert obligatory 'this is a status update' post, based on how little content there is, because anyone would say it and its a thing that exists and I'm surprised no one said it yet.*

Other than that, I think its simple to get rep. Create something that you want, spend the extra time to make sure it is as high quality as it can get.. (High quality = Spending enough time on a creation so its worth it, and not using 20 second intros in a 3 second animation, etc.) ..Next share it in the forums and ask for constructive criticism and use it to help you improve. Eventually if someone likes what you make they'll react upon it. You don't just ask for it like asking for likes on YouTube, it is just as meaningless.

in time you'll meet others to work on ideas with and improve as an individual. Everyone takes their presence on the forums their own ways and everyone finds their personal little or big projects to work on. Some may be better at it than others, but it doesn't mean you can't make anything just as cool. The rep is as important as you make it. If you want a higher number then you should work for it, but you should enjoy the ride not speed through and end up disappointed. You kinda have to want and do things, not wonder about and it isn't for everyone. You may have big ideas but the practice is what it will take for you to get there.

9 hours ago, CodyBI said:

<-- doing quality guns

wher are my reps

You're just drowning in an oversaturated market. Make something original that isn't guns or character rigs.

8 hours ago, KrisFirebolt said:

in time you'll meet others to work on ideas with and improve as an individual. Everyone takes their presence on the forums their own ways and everyone finds their personal little or big projects to work on. Some may be better at it than others, but it doesn't mean you can't make anything just as cool. The rep is as important as you make it. If you want a higher number then you should work for it, but you should enjoy the ride not speed through and end up disappointed. You kinda have to want and do things, not wonder about and it isn't for everyone. You may have big ideas but the practice is what it will take for you to get there.

You can also just go around acting like you're better than everyone else and complain. That's how I did it.

Oh and make lots of monster school. That's something else I've done.

Another big contributor is joining back in 2013. So rig yourself a time machine and you're good.

8 hours ago, KrisFirebolt said:

These things happen every year I'm sure of it. xD

More like every other month.

7. Post stuff like this.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, Foxtrot0806 said:

This is honestly useless...

Also ironic...

And you only have 32 rep...

Should you be posting something like this..?

I don't know anymore...

Well, I have only 35... okay, your point proven, although I hate to admit that I'm wrong as always.

Just now, Jadturentale said:

1: Do NOT do F.N.A.F. (You will get hate)

2: Do not do cringe

3: Do some quality stuff, not bland animations with no scenery

4: Be good at foruming

5: Dont do fidget spinners

6: Use transitions in your animation to make it not robotic

My god rlly? Fidget spinners?! You just made my day!!

On 5/20/2018 at 4:03 AM, Skjold said:

You're just drowning in an oversaturated market. Make something original that isn't guns or character rigs.

I think his gun rigs are quality enough to be set apart from the rest.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:01 AM, -StickyMations- said:

Yeah some of these are somewhat spot on, but would anyone be so concerned with getting rep anyway? I bet having fun is something that goes first :yes:

UNLESS YOU'RE @Skjold

Also extremely late reply but this rep is just a byproduct of screwing around on the forums like any other user. Not my fault people like my sass. Haters gonna hate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯