Do i have enough rep to make a collab?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Just now, mbanders said:

Nope. It's recommended to have around 1000 reputation to start a collab, or else no one will want to join.

wait what?

i've seen people with like 10 to 70 rep make collabs and lots of people participated...

6 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

mkay

well

what about the guys that are not even on the forums, like Skibbz?

First of all, https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/profile/21672-skibbz/

Second of all, SKIBBZ is a known animator. He's probably one of the most notorious Mine-imator users ever. No offense but you don't have 8k subscribers on YouTube.

I would definitely wait a very long time to make a collab, you need more than just rep to make a collab. Heck, I barely pass myself.

Just now, Colonel Muffin said:

First of all, https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/profile/21672-skibbz/

Second of all, SKIBBZ is a known animator. He's probably one of the most notorious Mine-imator users ever. No offense but you don't have 8k subscribers on YouTube.

I would definitely wait a very long time to make a collab, you need more than just rep to make a collab. Heck, I barely pass myself.

okay. im not offended. oh and i didnt know skibbz was on mine imator forums lma0 xd

oh and do you know a way to get popular? (plz no twitter and cringe stuff)

Just now, Jadturentale said:

oh and do you know a way to get popular? (plz no twitter and cringe stuff)

Just hang around the forums as much as you can (but don't spam, that takes it too far), and always be actively trying to better yourself and your work. Share lots of stuff here and eventually you'll have your style tied to your image.

Just now, Colonel Muffin said:

Just hang around the forums as much as you can (but don't spam, that takes it too far), and always be actively trying to better yourself and your work. Share lots of stuff here and eventually you'll have your style tied to your image.

Okay, thanks.

oh and please dont touch toxic people, it ruins your life (you know, roblox, scammers and all that)

15 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

i didnt know skibbz was on mine imator forums lma0 xd

A long time back. I remember it like it was yesterday.

but like.. yesterday a couple years ago.

Huh damn. I just went back and looked. Apparently, I joined before SKIBBZ did.

I joined in 2013 and he did in 2014.

I'm forum user 8610 and he's 21672.

Never realized that.

Edited by Skjold

I think its more about getting to know people and making projects with friends or asking someone if you could work on projects with them, but you can't be friends with just anyone or ask just anyone to work with them.

It all depends on anything and is different for everyone. It seems dumb to think it is all about "reputation points," I feel like its more about people liking your posts more than it being popularity but then again what would I know. I didn't have "1,000" but I was still able to have collaborations with people before, so it seems a bit high for a 'recommendation.'

What I guess, is that if your good at what you do and if you enjoy what you do and if your able to find someone else, and if they want to be a part of what you want to do, I don't think it should be that complicated. But yeah make sure you don't end up wasting too much time with the wrong people, I did that before.

You can make a collab with any amount of reputation. If you spend more time making a name for yourself and interacting widely with the community by being a positive influence and role model that people can look up to instead of trying to make building rep your goal, you'll have plenty of people wanting to join a collab(If the theme is unique enough.) due to you having some sort of history behind you.

Just now, KrisFirebolt said:

I think its more about getting to know people and making projects with friends or asking someone if you could work on projects with them, but you can't be friends with just anyone or ask just anyone to work with them.

It all depends on anything and is different for everyone. It seems dumb to think it is all about "reputation points," I feel like its more about people liking your posts more than it being popularity but then again what would I know. I didn't have "1,000" but I was still able to have collaborations with people before, so it seems a bit high for a 'recommendation.'

What I guess, is that if your good at what you do and if you enjoy what you do and if your able to find someone else, and if they want to be a part of what you want to do, I don't think it should be that complicated. But yeah make sure you don't end up wasting too much time with the wrong people, I did that before.

Hm, okay. So, what you mean is that you don't care about rep? Okay!

Just now, Nimi said:

You can make a collab with any amount of reputation. If you spend more time making a name for yourself and interacting widely with the community by being a positive influence and role model that people can look up to instead of trying to make building rep your goal, you'll have plenty of people wanting to join a collab(If the theme is unique enough.) due to you having some sort of history behind you.

Okay! But i'l keep my name beacause.... i dont have any other names to use except taguelequipue, wich is only related to Roblox.

oh wait, did i just talk with NIMI??????? amazing.

Just now, Jadturentale said:

Hm, okay. So, what you mean is that you don't care about rep? Okay!

okay, I'll just tell you my OWN experience.

WHen I was at 0 rep.

"Hey, I'm looking for voice actors, anyone here?"

"GET SOME MORE REP"

"Show me your skills"

"Yeah, email me (without email address)"

Just now, MasterArcher12 said:

okay, I'll just tell you my OWN experience.

WHen I was at 0 rep.

"Hey, I'm looking for voice actors, anyone here?"

"GET SOME MORE REP"

"Show me your skills"

"Yeah, email me (without email address)"

oh. I know, it's beacause when you start, you're different than others. And you're allways different.

Just now, KrisFirebolt said:

Is that all you got out of that? Look at Nimi's post they've said a lot better than I did.

hmm, i evaluate both the same: 50/10

If it's a very creative or interesting Collab with good presentation (like a quality template Project), then people would join regardless. Newcomers tend to lack those qualities and courtesy, which is why I suggest they get to know us better before asking for our labor with no assurance it's contributing to something worthwhile.