Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

9 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Spot on my dude ? I guess you could've made it clear that this topic is directed towards a certain group of people, and you could've taken the opportunity to thank people who actually give fair criticism because that would've been a nice touch.

But I honestly I would love to see examples of people directly called someone's elses work trash just because it's fad, recently a lot of newbies said they get called out by such mean comments but... I have yet to see those comments. I mean, I have spotted people hating on fad but not at the degree they're saying. 

Here's some examples from the MI Discord, you can just search "ew fad" and find all of it and more. The "ew fad" is said so much with other rude and horrible comments and it's just quite annoying and really upsets me seeing people treat each other like this. These kind of people are what this whole post was referring to.

Spoiler

QK5QDNV.png w5CBiYG.png 4hYFmKD.png BKdmwYP.png WkCsfeb.png

Just now, TheCobaltCreeper said:

Here's some examples from the MI Discord, you can just search "ew fad" and find all of it and more. The "ew fad" is said so much with other rude and horrible comments and it's just quite annoying and really upsets me seeing people treat each other like this. These kind of people are what this whole post was referring to.

Hide contents

lol the dsuper one wasnt even that bad

2 minutes ago, TheCobaltCreeper said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, I was more of hoping to see comments like those here in the forums, but I guess the discord community speaks for itself. 

I hope this whole thing changes for the better, I do advice you to look carefully on the opinions of Emaniplex, Colonel and me as they all have good points and explanations. 

Just now, -StickyMations- said:

Thanks, I was more of hoping to see comments like those here in the forums, but I guess the discord community speaks for itself. 

I hope this whole thing changes for the better, I do advice you to look carefully on the opinions of Emaniplex, Colonel and me as they all have good points and explanations. 

Me too, and I am reading them and thinking about how I want to reply and even if I don't reply I have ready them and I do agree they have good points that I agree with but I have already said mine to you and they are probably gonna get notifications about it so hopefully they read what I said to you cuz I don't feel like saying it all again because I've said this kind of thing way too many times before in Discord chats.

4 minutes ago, Arachnaut said:

But no matter what, whenever i feel I have improved enough to post my work somewhere besides a fad-based server, I am proved wrong. People always label my work as "cancerous" or even imply I didn't put any work into it based on its correlation to a horror game.

People don't seem to judge based off of effort or skill, just off of whether it is fad or not.

Provide an example. And yes, the worst and trendiest of Mine-imator creations are among the most iconic ones. Have you seen Monster School?

I used to hate on fad, but i've realized how hard it is to make one, people tend to hate on fad based on its appearance, it's literally childish and idiotic, why dont you look at it at a different point of view? instead of just straight up hating on it.

Edited by HeYoNia

People do that because they're tired of FNAF content. It's been four years since the first game was released, I can imagine that constantly seeing it everywhere gets annoying. Especially considering the fact that the games themselves aren't particularly anything special. None of those people are attacking the quality of the creation itself, they're merely expressing distaste towards the fact that it's related to FNAF.

I'm not sure if you've realized, but the whole "ew fad" thing is just some sort of a meme on the Official server, you don't really even see much of that on the forums. In fact, people are quick to give praise to FNAF creations they consider "well made", even on the Official server.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:00 PM, TheCobaltCreeper said:

How do you expect to live a good happy life and have people treat you right if you don't do the same others? What about a future job you want? Who would want to hire somebody who used to or still trash talks people on the internet and harasses them about things they like just because they don't like it?

I'm really not sure why you decided to write this part, it's completely unnecessary. Not only does "trash talking people on the internet" not have this kind of impact at all on real life, these people aren't nearly as aggressive and rude as you portray them to be. They just post some random comment like "ew fad" and go on with their day, they might even post a compliment as well, if it's "well made".

This is really a non-issue.

I agree, you'll really only get negative feedback. If no one says anything that means you did good. What's weird is that I've only seen it like this in the MI community. Ever since moving to Blender and joining other communities, I've seen everyone giving actual constructive criticism as well as pointing out the well done aspects of it. The MI community is for sure an overly toxic place (in fact I'm quite sure someone will find a way to get triggered at this reply). Fun fact: While using MI and posting creations to the forums or the discord, I've never gotten a single compliment. 

4 hours ago, Red said:

I agree, you'll really only get negative feedback. If no one says anything that means you did good. What's weird is that I've only seen it like this in the MI community. Ever since moving to Blender and joining other communities, I've seen everyone giving actual constructive criticism as well as pointing out the well done aspects of it. The MI community is for sure an overly toxic place (in fact I'm quite sure someone will find a way to get triggered at this reply). Fun fact: While using MI and posting creations to the forums or the discord, I've never gotten a single compliment. 

Oh, that's what i was missing out on. Good Aspects... I knew that something was missing form my "Areas of Improvment" comments...

I agree with your opinion. The discrimination of content just because it's "F.N.A.F", "Undertale, or "Minecraft" is in my opinion, pathethic, even more if you make fun of it to appear superior.

Now I'm not saying that everyone that hates "fads" in this forum does it to look superior, most people here that hate "fads" are just annoyed and tired of seeing the same things over and over again, and I have no problem with that, everyone has opinions.

But insulting/making fun of something that you're not in to, just for the sake of your already big ego is stupid and makes you look like an egotistical jerk.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, Arachnaut said:

I don't agree. fad animations have in no way made non-fad animations look like a joke. The majority of fad animations aren't good at all, and lean the unbiased user towards the other side. The other side has a lot more professional animators, and I think it's arguable that there are more animations in that genre than anything else.

fad consists of a lot of bad animators, a small amount of distinguished animators, and a smaller amount of professional animators like Cobalt. I believe my animations to be decent and I put a lot of work into them. But no matter what, whenever i feel I have improved enough to post my work somewhere besides a fad-based server, I am proved wrong. People always label my work as "cancerous" or even imply I didn't put any work into it based on its correlation to a horror game. This really demotivates me and makes me lose confidence in what I do. It's been easy to stay inside an isolated community, but even that is collapsing now due to disapproval (and other reasons, don't get me wrong).

People don't seem to judge based off of effort or skill, just off of whether it is fad or not.

hey

I agree completely with this topic. I sometimes say that some topics are cancer and I shouldn't, but I always try to give them a reason and or stuff they should improve on (other than @Swift, he doesn't care about my input on his pics). I try to be nice on the forums, but I don't always succeed. Everyone on the forums and the internet itself needs to take a step back and remember that every rude person on the internet has looked up pictures of kittens at least once in their lifetime. We're all very kind nerds on the inside.

Just now, Pootsy35 said:

I agree completely with this topic. I sometimes say that some topics are cancer and I shouldn't, but I always try to give them a reason and or stuff they should improve on (other than @Swift, he doesn't care about my input on his pics). I try to be nice on the forums, but I don't always succeed. Everyone on the forums and the internet itself needs to take a step back and remember that every rude person on the internet has looked up pictures of kittens at least once in their lifetime. We're all very kind nerds on the inside.

I think that some people are too afraid to stand out and be nice, which is how the fad craze started. But true, we can all be nice if we try.

Just now, DatCoalDuck said:

I think that some people are too afraid to stand out and be nice, which is how the fad craze started. But true, we can all be nice if we try.

It's much easier to be rude than to be nice. It's a fact of life. Some of us take the easy way.

Dear Mine-imator forums,

Be nice...

It's not hard...

This is why i don't use this forums anymore, but i log in once in a while to see new things.

Fun fact: I spent weeks to make an episode of my animation series and hours to make a rig. Most of the time when i post a new episode/rig here or in the facebook group, there's always a rude a$$h0le who react negatively to my post. When i go over to their YouTube channel to see how good they are to talk to me like that, most of them only posts lazy gameplays and bad animations with very little views/comments.

I rarely got hate on YouTube. People on YouTube seems to appreciate my hardwork more. But once my videos suddenly got 12 dislikes and all of them are from the same country. I bet it's someone from this forums who is jealous of me.

Edited by OrdilloTv
Typo

4 hours ago, OrdilloTv said:

This is why i don't use this forums anymore, but i log in once in a while to see new things.

Fun fact: I spent weeks to make an episode of my animation series and hours to make a rig. Most of the time when i post a new episode/rig here or in the facebook group, there's always a rude a$$h0le who react negatively to my post. When i go over to their YouTube channel to see how good they are to talk to me like that, most of them only posts lazy gameplays and bad animations with very little views/comments.

I rarely got hate on YouTube. People on YouTube seems to appreciate my hardwork more. But once my videos suddenly got 12 dislikes and all of them are from the same country. I bet it's someone from this forums who is jealous of me.

Yeah of course. Just ignore them. They aren't even worthy to get noticed.