Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's why I don't post here anymore. If my hard work was just going to be ignored or pissed on with no grain, then a forum full of panty-twisted haters just isn't worth my time.

You want a REAL critique with constructive criticism, go out and venture for a community that's more thoughtful and considerate. The likelyhood you'll find any of that here gets slimmer every day that the forums are less active.

As for Ratchet, he just said he wanted to be a huge jerk. As for some others, they just don't care about the game but since someone else hates the game he think he's just gonna do the same for no reasons.

i feel like a trash person

Good points.

I think we should definitely be a bit friendlier towards fad.      Although I give less than 0 craps about it, some people really do like it.      As long as it isn't some random poorly made music video thing I'll try to be a lot more encouraging towards people who show some promise as animators.

That's what I've been trying to say for like a year now. The reason I share my insightful, overly-political status updates on here is, well, because I have nowhere else to share them, but also because this forum can be awfully close-minded. And they can get pretty blunt when it comes to fad because it follows every criteria that's been drilled into their heads from the start as just plain bad content. And of course, there is some bad fad content. There is a lot of fad that is uninspired and created not for the sake of passion, but for the sake of a cringey game they like. There's a noticeable difference between art with heart and art without. But since most fad content just doesn't have heart, fad had definitely grown a huge stigma around it.

My point is, the forums, for a website made to share creations, is very close-minded, and I'd love to see some change.

Edited by Colonel Muffin

First, please don't make your text unnecessarily large.

Second, we don't particularly like F.N.A.F. content because it's consistently been the largest source of creations that make the rest of us look like a joke. I don't agree with rebuking F.N.A.F. content outright, but it just so happens that most of the time it consists of some pretty horrible artwork.

I agree that the Forums can do a better job of offering criticism, but to believe that this weakness is something unique to us is silly. You find this same flaw most everywhere you go.

If people want to go, "Ew, stop doing fad," and leave a Dislike on something, I don't really see the issue with that so long as they've been made aware how much the Forums detests that content. You don't make F.N.A.F. content to improve, as it mostly involves more complex Rigs and little movement. If you want useful advice, it would help to make more humble creations for us to critique, follow the traditional improvement process.

As I've always said, Fad content that's done well is praised by the majority of us. But, if you want to start off by making advanced content that you don't have the skill to pull off and look like a clown in the process, you'll probably be ridiculed like one. The only advice we can give at that point is to stop making that kind of content until you've reached a level where it looks decent, because at that moment it only highlights your novice status and ineptitude, further associating unworthy content with F.N.A.F.

The whole topic is a bit more nuanced than I explained and I can answer any Replies if you want. This community might need some change but the issue of F.N.A.F. isn't a big one.

Edited by Emaniplex

1 hour ago, Chaukeke said:

As for Ratchet, he just said he wanted to be a huge jerk. As for some others, they just don't care about the game but since someone else hates the game he think he's just gonna do the same for no reasons.

I'm discussing with cobalt, We're good now

2 hours ago, TheCobaltCreeper said:

Why waste your time typing out messages just to feel like you're stronger or better than somebody else and just to push them down

We don't like fad because of this, we don't like it because literally every single rig, animation or scenery has already been done and the oversaturation (spam) in these forums is off the roof just as you pointed it out. If a newbie comes and makes even more content regarding fad, it's not going to be anything new we haven't seen, it's going to contribute absolutely nothing to the community and it will become yet another one to the pile of endless unoriginal content.

Ever wonder why the most upset people about this are often veteran members? Because they've been long enough to see literally dozens and dozens of piles of content that is literally the same just the same. It's gotten to the point where David himself implemented a censor to slow down the spam. I honestly think this is a problem of the other side of the coin, people who complain about our overreaction to fad content are absolutely right, but they have it completely wrong when it comes to explaining why we do what we do, they think "you hate it because you are a bad person and you wanna look strong" or something like that. Please, try to understand the reasons fad is disliked before you make any assumptions with zero basis.

Regarding the rest of the topic, I agree with you that the way we approach this is wrong. It's refreshing to see a relatively new member like you having such nailed viewpoints and voicing them out in this way, I guess we both can learn from both sides so hey, thanks a lot for making this topic to allow a discussion about this.

And please, don't make the font unnecesarily big. It's actually quite harder to read :P

Edited by -StickyMations-

16 minutes ago, RoboCreep11 said:

Finally A Person Who Understands What Us F.N.A.F Animators Think :) I Respect You Cobalt

On my side I'm still waiting to see a F.N.A.F animator who truly understands why we don't like the type of content... :( 

I guess I haven't looked hard enough...

24 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

We don't like fad because of this, we don't like it because literally every single rig, animation or scenery has already been done and the oversaturation (spam) in these forums is off the roof just as you pointed it out. If a newbie comes and makes even more content regarding fad, it's not going to be anything new we haven't seen, it's going to contribute absolutely nothing to the community and it will become yet another one to the pile of endless unoriginal content.

Ever wonder why the most upset people about this are often veteran members? Because they've been long enough to see literally dozens and dozens of piles of content that is literally the same just the same. It's gotten to the point where David himself implemented a censor to slow down the spam. I honestly think this is a problem of the other side of the coin, people who complain about our overreaction to fad content are absolutely right, but they have it completely wrong when it comes to explaining why we do what we do, they think "you hate it because you are a bad person and you wanna look strong" or something like that. Please, try to understand the reasons fad is disliked before you make any assumptions with zero basis.

Regarding the rest of the topic, I agree with you that the way we approach this is wrong. It's refreshing to see a relatively new member like you having such nailed viewpoints and voicing them out in this way, I guess we both can learn from both sides so hey, thanks a lot for making this topic to allow a discussion about this.

And please, don't make the font unnecesarily big. It's actually quite harder to read :P

I understand people not liking fad because of it blowing up so much a few years ago and the endless retextures and crappy rigs. I was mostly writing this for the people who just saw "ew fad" just because it's F.N.a.F. or any other fandom even when it's actually good looking and took a lot of time and effort put into it. I mean like me personally, I make some original rigs and models I made from scratch and they're all canon animatronics or some from very popular and loved F.N.a.F. fan games. I have no problem with people disliking F.N.a.F. but to constantly call people's work trash because it's about a certain fandom or has a certain theme instead of telling them ways they could improve and make their work better isn't right. People like what they're gonna like, you shouldn't make them feel like crap about it. Like I said the entire speech was really towards just people who criticize you for liking anything they don't like, not towards the people who just don't like it. And you can still be nice about telling people they should try to do something different instead of saying "ew". I'm not saying you say that, I'm referring to other people I see doing it all the time.

And oh sorry about the text, it's my first major post on here and I thought the big text would be easier to read? I made it smaller.

Edited by TheCobaltCreeper

I agree on Cobalt Creeper lad, why waste ye time sayin' "ew fad" and other stuff, we th' animators have rights, we get upset by haters who says that. Why push th' Cap'n, and we get upset by haters who says that. We honestly try out best t' make our content better and better. By sayin' "ew fad" be not helpin' our content. I honestly expect better then ye haters out there.

-Jay | SadCreeperGamer

4 minutes ago, TheCobaltCreeper said:

*Snip*

Spot on my dude ? I guess you could've made it clear that this topic is directed towards a certain group of people, and you could've taken the opportunity to thank people who actually give fair criticism because that would've been a nice touch.

But I honestly I would love to see examples of people directly calling someone's elses work trash just because it's fad, recently a lot of newbies said they get called out by such mean comments but... I have yet to see those comments. I mean, I have spotted people hating on fad but not at the degree they're saying. 

As Emaniplex said, F.N.A.F is the biggest source of MI animations that make us look bad. F.N.A.F doesn't just get criticism for being a really overrated game on here... its also because most of the animations are pretty trash since its all beginners doing the animations. for example: Supah and Mr. Darl don't get much hate since they can actually put F.N.A.F into MI and make it good.

Edited by KaryuGraphics

1 hour ago, Emaniplex said:

First, please don't make your text unnecessarily large.

Second, we don't particularly like F.N.A.F. content because it's consistently been the largest source of creations that make the rest of us look like a joke. I don't agree with rebuking F.N.A.F. content outright, but it just so happens that most of the time it consists of some pretty horrible artwork.

I agree that the Forums can do a better job of offering criticism, but to believe that this weakness is something unique to us is silly. You find this same flaw most everywhere you go.

If people want to go, "Ew, stop doing fad," and leave a Dislike on something, I don't really see the issue with that so long as they've been made aware how much the Forums detests that content. You don't make F.N.A.F. content to improve, as it mostly involves more complex Rigs and little movement. If you want useful advice, it would help to make more humble creations for us to critique, follow the traditional improvement process.

As I've always said, Fad content that's done well is praised by the majority of us. But, if you want to start off by making advanced content that you don't have the skill to pull off and look like a clown in the process, you'll probably be ridiculed like one. The only advice we can give at that point is to stop making that kind of content until you've reached a level where it looks decent, because at that moment it only highlights your novice status and ineptitude, further associating unworthy content with F.N.A.F.

The whole topic is a bit more nuanced than I explained and I can answer any Replies if you want. This community might need some change but the issue of F.N.A.F. isn't a big one.

I don't agree. fad animations have in no way made non-fad animations look like a joke. The majority of fad animations aren't good at all, and lean the unbiased user towards the other side. The other side has a lot more professional animators, and I think it's arguable that there are more animations in that genre than anything else.

fad consists of a lot of bad animators, a small amount of distinguished animators, and a smaller amount of professional animators like Cobalt. I believe my animations to be decent and I put a lot of work into them. But no matter what, whenever i feel I have improved enough to post my work somewhere besides a fad-based server, I am proved wrong. People always label my work as "cancerous" or even imply I didn't put any work into it based on its correlation to a horror game. This really demotivates me and makes me lose confidence in what I do. It's been easy to stay inside an isolated community, but even that is collapsing now due to disapproval (and other reasons, don't get me wrong).

People don't seem to judge based off of effort or skill, just off of whether it is fad or not.