Beams, for sort of wind

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

3 different methods on how to beam:

1. take a plane, apply a beam texture, stretch to desired length, scale textures accordingly
  2. take a cylinder, make extremely large cylinder texture map, apply beam on sides, elongate to desired length
  3. take a cube or cylinder, stretch to desired length, apply maximum brightness, add particles with aura texture

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

3 different methods on how to beam:

1. take a plane, apply a beam texture, stretch to desired length, scale textures accordingly
  2. take a cylinder, make extremely large cylinder texture map, apply beam on sides, elongate to desired length
  3. take a cube or cylinder, stretch to desired length, apply maximum brightness, add particles with aura texture

too complicated and it looks ugly.

11 minutes ago, Jadturentale said:

too complicated and it looks ugly.

yeah but that's the fun part of mine-imator, jerry-rigging and rupe-goldberging the most complex contraptions in order to make neat looking effects that would otherwise be impossible to pull off

6 hours ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

yeah but that's the fun part of mine-imator, jerry-rigging and rupe-goldberging the most complex contraptions in order to make neat looking effects that would otherwise be impossible to pull off

Okay, your sentence is way harder to make sense out of... O-O

12 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

Okay, your sentence is way harder to make sense out of... O-O

the point is: mine-imator is limited in features, but there are ways to subvert said limitations so long as you're resourceful and creative enough. look at some of the more complex rigs on here, such as minerig's dodge charger rig and you'll see what i mean

3 hours ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

the point is: mine-imator is limited in features, but there are ways to subvert said limitations so long as you're resourceful and creative enough. look at some of the more complex rigs on here, such as minerig's dodge charger rig and you'll see what i mean

just a bunch of schematics

Just now, ThatGuyBrian said:

i dunno about you but i don't see a single schematic in there, only mapped geometry and item sheets

oh well bruh its just like a big minecraft build but its made out of simple shapes that you can resize,configure and move inside other shapes