Forums extreme lag

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Whenever you open the emoji tab it lags really baldy (on both phone and PC's chrome (ever since the update from 2 days ago.) ). Can this be fixed?

Note: there is no forum bug area. 

Edited by MikTRF

Do you know if this issue occurs with other browsers aswell for you, or just chrome?

And by lag, could you go into this abit more specifically?
Is it just the Emoji tab that lags? Does the whole site slow down when it is open? Can you still scroll up & down the site when this is happening etc

14 hours ago, MikTRF said:

Note: there is no forum bug area. 

The reason I assume for this, is because the forum software(IPBoard) is run and maintained by the developers(IPS).
So if there is bugs or any major issues, we'd generally have to rely on them releasing an update to fix the problem.

While David can sometimes fix issues, not all resources are available to him to sometimes do so.

Also moved to Forum Discussion, forum suggestions and issues are always welcome in that sub-forum.

1 hour ago, Emunator said:

And by lag, could you go into this abit more specifically?
Is it just the Emoji tab that lags? Does the whole site slow down when it is open? Can you still scroll up & down the site when this is happening etc

It freezes the whole site, I can't do anything for about 30 seconds. And it doesn't let me do stuff in other tabs I have open. And it makes sense that David doesn't have access of the tools. 

Hope that was helpful! 

Edited by MikTRF

On 5/5/2018 at 9:06 AM, Emunator said:

I can really only suggest updating your chrome browser if it isn't already to version to 66.0.3359(Current stable version).

thanks! i will try