Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How was it?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Was this better than my previous video?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't see it, so I have no clue

This is my second animation, and I think it is a huge improvement from my first one. I am aware I still have a lot to work on, but still, yaaay. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it, and suggestions and criticism are welcome, but I am still a noob, and probably won't be able to get everything perfect. :P

Just now, HeYoNia said:

A sword generated an explosion just by stabbing a woman.

10/10.

Well, he was just stabbing the ground, but y'know, anything is possible :D

15 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

I don't know why but I keep laughing at the main guy just kicking the Enderman dude to the ground.

"siT tHe **** dOwN!"

Thanks dude! ?

Here’s a tip: experiment with the transitions, and try to avoid linear. If you do jumps, I recommend ease in for the jumps, and linear for falling. Just make every key frame linear in the fall. I hope that made sense ?

17 minutes ago, DatCoalDuck said:

Here’s a tip: experiment with the transitions, and try to avoid linear. If you do jumps, I recommend ease in for the jumps, and linear for falling. Just make every key frame linear in the fall. I hope that made sense ?

Perfect timing dude! I'm already making another one (yup, just keep pumping them out) and I was trying to figure out how to make a jump look good. And yes I am experimenting with some transitions also.

Sorry but i won't sugarcoat it. It was kinda bad.

Having scenery is important, some movements don't seem to be timed correctly (what i mean is that the way some of the movements look was not intentional) And there's no use of different lighting or anything other than the default lighting settings. Although, i will say this; the timing of the scenes is done properly; there's not too much awkward pauses in between different scenes, and that's great.

Please take my criticism into consideration.

Get ready for some criticism!

No scenery... only flatlands

Camera work needs lots of improvement (like not being linear)

The animation is almost all linear. Try using ease in and out more.

The movements were way too fast. I used to have struggles with it too, but I got better over time. Try to have your movements as realistic as possible.

What the heck is wrong with the swords? 1. They're phasing through their hands 2. They're way too large. I usually have my swords at 0.9 scale.

Try using custom particle textures and maybe experiment with the particle settings more for a way better look.

The guy guarding the chest or whatever that teleported in had alpha glitch on his head. Use the render depth to fix that.

The running was that ugly preset. Try experimenting and make custom running cycles instead of that trash 50% of the community uses.

Other than that, keep on trying and get better! Remeber, we're all rooting for you!

Image result for you can do this gif

On 5/5/2018 at 7:26 AM, Hagus said:

Perfect timing dude! I'm already making another one (yup, just keep pumping them out) and I was trying to figure out how to make a jump look good. And yes I am experimenting with some transitions also.

Um... Ease In Exponential also looks pretty good, and falling isn't linear, due to how gravity works in real life... but then... it's Minecraft...

On 5/7/2018 at 3:36 AM, willingsas said:

Sorry but i won't sugarcoat it. It was kinda bad.

Having scenery is important, some movements don't seem to be timed correctly (what i mean is that the way some of the movements look was not intentional) And there's no use of different lighting or anything other than the default lighting settings. Although, i will say this; the timing of the scenes is done properly; there's not too much awkward pauses in between different scenes, and that's great.

Please take my criticism into consideration.

19 hours ago, Pootsy35 said:

Get ready for some criticism!

No scenery... only flatlands

Camera work needs lots of improvement (like not being linear)

The animation is almost all linear. Try using ease in and out more.

The movements were way too fast. I used to have struggles with it too, but I got better over time. Try to have your movements as realistic as possible.

What the heck is wrong with the swords? 1. They're phasing through their hands 2. They're way too large. I usually have my swords at 0.9 scale.

Try using custom particle textures and maybe experiment with the particle settings more for a way better look.

The guy guarding the chest or whatever that teleported in had alpha glitch on his head. Use the render depth to fix that.

The running was that ugly preset. Try experimenting and make custom running cycles instead of that trash 50% of the community uses.

Other than that, keep on trying and get better! Remeber, we're all rooting for you!

Image result for you can do this gif

13 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

Um... Ease In Exponential also looks pretty good, and falling isn't linear, due to how gravity works in real life... but then... it's Minecraft...

Thanks for the criticism guys. I value criticism almost as much as compliments, and I am constantly trying to improve every day. And yes, I added scenery to my next animation, so that is fun. :)