[Suggestion] Inverted 3D Planes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Just now, Colonel Muffin said:

What would you be inverting? a plane is completely two-dimensional, if you inverted it nothing would happen.

I mean inverting the 3D Planes not the default 2D Planes, just like we can do it with the cubes

1 minute ago, SEB2003 said:

I mean inverting the 3D Planes not the default 2D Planes, just like we can do it with the cubes

I'm still kind of confused as to what you mean by a 3d plane contrary to a 2d plane. Because when I think of planes I think of Surfaces in Mine-imator. If Surfaces had a third dimension they would just be cubes.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Muffin said:

I'm still kind of confused as to what you mean by a 3d plane contrary to a 2d plane. Because when I think of planes I think of Surfaces in Mine-imator. If Surfaces had a third dimension they would just be cubes.

I mean when you extrude planes in Modelbench

Well i've been trying to learn 3D but have been scared due to breakin props. Mainly because after takeoff my 3D plane rather than hovering just rolls over and noses in first(like knife edge roll over) i have like say 150W/lb power well like i can get above 1:1 but not 2:1 so maybe 1.7:1 still enough power but im not flyin slow and doing these mad slow rolls... know what im sayin?

On 4/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, SEB2003 said:

I was trying to make an outline by inverting a part, and I realized that I can not invert 3D planes.

I think it would be nice if you add this as a feature in the next update.

just make a fake inverted part thing

17 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

just make a fake inverted part thing

You can't invert parts, only cubes, also, how can you make something fake inverted? If your talking about making an inverted cube, look at my reply to ozfalcon

On 4/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Rollo said:

When you extrude a plane, it uses a specific part of a texture, and and isn't like 6 different UV segments, just one, so no you aren't just creating a cube

On 4/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Rollo said:

But the cubes use 6 texture parts, and surfaces use one.

Spoiler

Its sad that everyone mis-understands this topic