The Door (First Mine-imator Animation)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

On 4/22/2018 at 5:34 PM, MysticCoyote said:

Not bad for your first! Keep it up! You'll be working for Pixar soon ;)

Haha, I don’t think that high of a level, but if I really try, maybe I can be on Black Plasma Studios xDxD (yeah probably not, but I can dream right?)

Edited by Hagus

5 hours ago, XPAdventureYT said:

great! for a begginer that is fantastic!

Thanks dude! I sent you a message on YouTube. Check it out and get back to me on it. I think you'll like it.

Area of Improvements: The transitions aren't smooth, they're all linear, and some unwanted movement can be seen in some frames. The posing isn't all that good, and the animation getting up from the bed is a bit unnatural.

13 hours ago, MasterArcher12 said:

Area of Improvements: The transitions aren't smooth, they're all linear, and some unwanted movement can be seen in some frames. The posing isn't all that good, and the animation getting up from the bed is a bit unnatural.

I appreciate the feedback from all you guys. I will be sure to try to fix and improve these things in the next one. My whole goal is just to get better at animating, so the more feedback, the better.

16 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

I feel like I need to keep telling you, there's nothing wrong with it all being linear
https://imgur.com/DQ7AfWl

This gif was made using only linear transitions (Animation not done by me though, it's by Jos)

Well, maybe he could make it look better using more or more detailed keyframes. I'm okay with all-instant, for stop-motion things. And all quit is fine with me too. The linear and the bounce just doesn't really look good unless you use a ton of keyframes to make it look natural. For example, a jumping stone block could have 3 keyframes when using different transitions, but using linear, it would take a lot to make it look natural. First, you need to make it go up fast, then you need to make it go up a bit slower, and then you'd need to make it go down slow, and finally make it go down fast. (Well, of course, the instant transition does take a lot to make it look natural)