Stand Your Ground - (I want criticism) (Improved a tad bit)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I plan to improve this and add on, but this is what I whipped up in one night.

Criticize me.

First Wallpaper

Spoiler

dlxDx5O.jpg

Improved Wallpaper Progress

Spoiler

3J3vAi3.jpg

Edited by UrBoiHyper
Progress check

This is actually pretty neat.

I suggest to look into the rule of thirds to help with the camera angle to give things more focus.

The lighting is pretty alright, but Kiepocu's lighting tutorial might help make it better.

The posing is pretty alright too, but make sure you give things a sense of weight.

The trees' leaves are too low. They shouldn't be blocking that much of the monsters like that because, at least in this case, the wallpaper looks less dramatic.

Aside from the entire Torch glowing, I have a problem with the main pose. It looks more like a , "Oh, is there something there?" posture rather than a hold your ground stance. Try studying these; you'll find that these poses are more exaggerated and look like a precursor to the initiation of a fight.

58a4739f5546de83f7d40708c9f723f2.jpg

Edited by Emaniplex

it was back in '65...johnny, brooklyn, david, and i were just outside of saigon. it'd been months since our last supply drop, we had to steal and salvage anything we could from our dead allies or those dang commies. we just found a cache of ak-47 ammo when we were jumped on all angles, 20 of 'em vs the 4 of us. we stood our ground but i was knocked out by one of the enemies. last thing i remember i was being dragged to a medivac helicopter asking where johnny was
where was johnny?

seriously though i reccomend adding an orange hue to the torch light and turning it down a little, maybe adjust her left leg to be flat on the ground too.