The Modelbench Armory

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, lokelokeloke said:

-snip-

The muzzle flashes there are pretty simple particles really.    Turn off Spawn Constantly, use a small set of sprites out of the basic smoke particle, make 'em a randomized white-yellow-orange color, and make the animation stupid fast so they only show up for a frame or two.    Then just tweak everything else until you've got a look you like.    I'd personally recommend using a lot of randomization on the size and rotation of them.

UPDATE 34 - The Farewell-ish Update/The WWII Update

Additions/changelog:

Spoiler

WWII Update weapons:

-Added the Mosin-Nagant M91/30 rifle, requested by @Boris
-Added the SVT-40
-Added the TT-33
-Added the MP 28, II
-Added the Lanchester Mk 1*
-Added the MAB 38A
-Added the Karabiner 98K
-Added the FM 24/29
-Added the Type 99 Arisaka
-Added the Nambu Type 99
-Added the M1918A2 BAR, requested by @Freddy
-Added the MG 34
-Added the MG 42
-Added the Ithaca Model 37, plus a trench gun variant
-Added the Carcano M38
-Added the Krag-Jørgensen M1894
-Added the Browning Hi-Power, requested by @Slime
-Added the DP-27, requested by @Slime
-Added the DPM
-Added the M1919A4
-Added the M1919A6
-Added the M1 Carbine, requested by @Miner-412
-Added the M1A1 Carbine
-Added the M2 Carbine
-Added the MKb 42(H)
-Added the PPSh-41
-Added the PTRS-41
-Added the Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I, plus the (T) sniper variant
-Added the M1A1 Bazooka
-Added the Owen Machine Carbine
-Added the Welrod Mk. IIA
-Added the Type 100 SMG
-Added the Patchett Mk. 1
-Added the M2 Flamethrower

-Added the StG 45(M)
-Added the EM-2

-Added the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife

Weapons:

-Added the Combine 1911 from Half-Life: Alyx
-Added the M14
-Added the Charleville Model 1766, for @Rollo's request of a musket
-Added the Luger LP08
-Remade the Luger P08
-Remade the RPG-7

-Added the M67 frag grenade
-Added the No. 36M Mk I Mills Bomb
-Added the Geballte Ladung bundle grenade thing
-Remade the Stielhandgranate

Attachments:

-Added some wooden foregrips
-Added some natural camouflage
-Added the PU scope
-Added the Nambu MG scope
-Added the Zeiss ZF42 scope
-Added the Arisaka marksman scope
-Added the PGO-7 rocket launcher optic
-Added the M1905 bayonet
-Added the Type 30 bayonet

Changes:

-Updated the MP 40's textures
-Updated the M1 Garand for bayonet compatibility
-Reworked the Boys AT Rifle
-Reworked the M1897 Trench Gun

As for the future of the Armory:

Although this update's kinda meant as a way to close the Armory off, I do still enjoy working on it.     I'll likely keep updating the Armory periodically for atleast another year, it just won't be very frequently as I've got a load of other stuff I want to do.     Don't expect anything, but don't expect nothing.

Requests for the most part are closed and won't be re-opened, but if there's a specific weapon you want for a project I'll gladly make it for you right away - just shoot me a PM here or on Discord and I'll get it to you as quickly as I can, and it'll wind up on the Armory publicly shortly after.

Lastly, I just want to say thank you to everyone who's been involved with or used models from the Armory, I'm really amazed at how far this thing's managed to go thanks to y'all.   

Oh, also a couple things about this update:

1. I'm gonna try and make animations for a bunch of the guns here because currently very few have 'em, I will also try and do the same for some existing ones.
2. If you run into any issues with anything here, please let me know and I'll try to fix them as soon as I can.   (may take a while anyways)

i dont know how updating it with a single link would be more of a hassel if you made a folder on a google drive and got the link to that folder then you just need to drag what you added in the newer updates into that google drive folder and bam its updated you dont even need to change the link if you update the same folder in your google drive that the link goes too then anyone can see the update the moment you make the change to the folder its actually easier then adding individual gun downloads

On 2/1/2022 at 2:32 PM, 普通青年 said:

Sigh, not even adding my request (Springfield M1903) to the ww2 list.

I meant to add it, but I didn't have the time.    I'll try and get it done somewhere down the line when I find myself in the mood for working on the Armory again.

damn man, this is one of the best armory collections to boot, you are a talented man to make these, though i did have to fix the Vector, including the mag and bolt, but the shapes man, my god are they awesome and well done, i don't think anyone can beat your skill with these. there are a few weapons missing i wish could have been made, but i'll try to make them myself, and any other of the weapons i find missing things, i think my OCD will kick in and make me fix it lol, sorry this is long, just had to say it all at once, if you ever continue this again at some point, i'd recommend an AA12 Auto-shotgun, but i'll try it myself first, anyway, hope you have a good time my man, stay safe and awesome!

On 5/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, JackoJoy said:

-snip-

Thanks for the kind words!   The Vector was one of the really early Armory guns and I never really got around to updating it because I hated making it in the first place.    I kinda want to go back and remaster the jankiest weapons sometime soon, and that'll definitely be one of them.

also hey dude, if you need help with some remastering of some weapons i can help on some details and features for ya.

and if you want i can give you my remastered file of the Vector to use

Edited by JackoJoy
forgot to put something earlier

since this armory stopped updating, can I request some ammo cartridges instead later? I was thinking about using your cartridge models for my custom gun models if I can imitate your gun modelling style

Edit: I didn't think twice after writing this post, I should have made the cartridge models myself

Edited by Primatium

That's a suggestion so don't take it as a request. 

The Suggestions

Spoiler

M84 Stun grenade

Sig Sauer Remeo5

Aimpoint Micro H-2

Coyote Sight

Trijicon RMR Type 2 RM06

And Last Aimpoint Pro Red Dot Reflex Sight.

Those are mostly attachments. More attachments to have a more creative setup for our animations. And don't take it as a request. Just see it as a suggestion that you can deny or confirm. Anyway Have a nice day😀